Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medion sat nav

Options
  • 17-06-2006 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Trying to load Europe road map on to SD Card for Medion Sat Nav (Aldi). having problems with Active sync programme not recognising card reader, is there any way around this any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

CAnt help you on this but just wondering does anyone know is there any DECENT maps out there for Ireland? from what I have heard thr maps for IRELand are shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

tech wrote:
    CAnt help you on this but just wondering does anyone know is there any DECENT maps out there for Ireland? from what I have heard thr maps for IRELand are shocking

See this news article on GPSIreland.ie about the new Navteq data which supposedly has vastly improved Ireland data.

The also have a link to what seems to be the only product to have the updated Navteq data which is an AA navigator program for Pocket PC. They also say Garmin who are currently using the previous version of the Navteq data will be upgrading the data by September to the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

I recently upgraded my medion sat nav from version 4.4 to version 5.2, I was then able to use the version 5 maps , for ireland , france etc.

FOr best coverage of ireland , Destinator 6 for the pocketpc uses the navteq 2006 Q1 maps,

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

That's right - I've tried out Destinator 6.0 and the maps have such detail that even part of the old bog road near my folks in the countryside is now listed! It is so detailed now that there were streets on it I didn't know existed until I saw the turnoffs for them on the new maps! The new N15 bypasses at Ballyshannon and Bundoran aren't on them but that's because they are too recent but otherwise it's spot on.

Mapopolis also uses the Q1/2006 maps, I'm told by their support team.

I guess it's only a matter of time then before Medion uses them too - they do use Navteq data, don't they? (Avoid TomTom - they use TeleAtlas Maps, which have very poor Irish road coverage!)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

byrnefm wrote:
    That's right - I've tried out Destinator 6.0 and the maps have such detail that even part of the old bog road near my folks in the countryside is now listed! It is so detailed now that there were streets on it I didn't know existed until I saw the turnoffs for them on the new maps! The new N15 bypasses at Ballyshannon and Bundoran aren't on them but that's because they are too recent but otherwise it's spot on.

Mapopolis also uses the Q1/2006 maps, I'm told by their support team.

I guess it's only a matter of time then before Medion uses them too - they do use Navteq data, don't they? (Avoid TomTom - they use TeleAtlas Maps, which have very poor Irish road coverage!)

the next offering from Aldi might have Q1 2006...if not then its a safe bet the offering after that will...if you can wait!
    these Medion units can appear as specials twice a year

• Advertisement
Advertisement