Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autograph tattoo?

Options
  • 17-06-2006 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

So does anybody here have a tattoo of somebodies autograph?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

it wouldn't exactly be their autograph unless they physically tattooed it on you, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

they sign your body and you get it tattooed,simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

There was a post about it on modblog, however as far as i know it was the tattooists signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

i dont know if i could get a autograph tattooed over from a famous musician /actor etc..

i do however like the idea.. but for me it would need to be from a person that has had a major impact on my life.. and not something i'd look back on in 5 - 10 years and say.. WTF?? what was i thinking..

but each to their own.. its still a good idea in my book.. just it would really need to be someone important to me

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

i saw on t.v. once a shirley manson from garbage fan got his leg signed just below the knee. when she was signing it he explained he wanted to get it tatooed so at the end of the signiture she drew a line the whole way down his leg laughing and said get that tatooed......he did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

honestally why would you get an autograph tattood?

dont people get autographs cause they would be worth money some time in the future?
    how would you sell your skin?

Kastro wrote:
    honestally why would you get an autograph tattood?

dont people get autographs cause they would be worth money some time in the future?
    how would you sell your skin?

i would get an autograph as a memory of when i met the person,tbh an autograph that you didn't get yourself is pointless

Beekay wrote:
    i would get an autograph as a memory of when i met the person,tbh an autograph that you didn't get yourself is pointless

fair enough.. everyone to their own..
    but whats wrong with a picture and a signed glossy?

ah but if it was someone who really meant a lot to you,
    my bro once had a jacket signed by the whole of Pantera and its gone missing.

I know a tattoo would be a bit overboard for just anybody,it would have to be a really important person

i understand the jacket etc..
    dnt get me wrong ive loads of signed/band stuff coz im stage crew at gigs for aiken promos.. i was working at the download fest there and was hangin back of stage 2 with corey and roy.. brought in me gf.. have met corey a few times now.. he remembers me mate all the time.. got a load of drum skins signed by the band from roy moyorga (or however its spelt)
    im just sayin if they wrote on me leg or arm i wouldnt get it tattood.
    if i was to do that for all the famous people i met id be coverd in ink.
    im more of a materialistic guy.. i keep my work pass's and lanyerds from the gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

An autograph doesn't necessarily have to be from a famous person. I saw a guy on Miami Ink get his son to write his name on his (the father's) chest and then tattooed it on.

but thats a personal thing.. hes got an emotional bond with his son, the son derw it on himself and it was tattood in his sons handwrighting. theres no bond between crowd and performer other than we are up here.. your down there. this is our job and you payed to see us work.

but im not talking about just any famous person,i mean if the person has really influenced your life through there lyrics and music etc.

i guess i never looked at it that way..
    still everyone to their own..
    it wouldnt be my cup of tea

Kastro wrote:
    i guess i never looked at it that way..
    still everyone to their own..
    it wouldnt be my cup of tea

ah yeah,sure its the same with any tat really.its what it means to the person

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tommy Lee has both his sons autographs tattooed on the each of his wrist. One name per wrist. The kids signed a piece a paper and then the Artist transferred them and copied them. Pretty neato and a lovely thing to do for your kids. I can see that for what it is, but getting a famous persons signature. No famous person would ever mean that much to me, not unless I actually knew him.

Advertisement