Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The new D-Generation X : how would you like to see it done?

• 17-06-2006 4:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:eek: There back... arguably the best stable in WWF history has been brought out of the attitude ERA and are seeking Vengeance on Vince in the new WWE.

But how would you (the fans who voice your opinion) like to see it done? because obviously they need to avoid just rehashing the past and old storylines, but this is a chance for the WWE.

starting at vengeance were they can contiue to push the Heel Spirit squad by giving them such a high profile match against the re-united DX.

it is also an arguable chance for them to push new talent by giving the stable of DX a new leash of life with new member. but who? and of course after vengeance whoever will vince get/push in fights against DX b'cos although the spirit squad are good IMO they dont yet have the status to be considerd equals with the greats of the industry of HHH and HBK who while they are back will need some big rivalries.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I really don't expect them to do much with DX at all. Shawn apparently needs time off soon, and I can't imagine HHH teaming up with some younger guys for too long. Nothing will top the old DX, especially with their current creative team, so I'd rather have them keep it short and sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 I_Need_a_Life

i would have prefered to see them come at this angle entirly differently, HHH and HBK. whilst still great, are guys in their mid to late 30s with wives and kids! The Majority of people know this, and once the nostalgia love-fest wears off will see this for what it really is, a stop gap solution thought up by a booking squad with all the creativity of a partially retarded waterbuffalo!

Edge and Randy Orton, now THERES a DX you could set your watch too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

edge & orton are both cocky enough to be in DX edge more so but i think your over looking [what for me seems to be obvious] carlito. i look at him & he's everything DX used to be cocky in large doses but can damn well back it up when needs be & also willing to play dirty when needs be. a wrestler who is over as a heel or face. the other member i'm waiting to see if they bring in is someone who wwe have looked after for a while sean waltman aka X-pac. seens outlaws are tied to tna and nash & hall would be a waste of time will they use him as a throw back to the 2nd line up. then again will they stay as the original DX that being 2 members???

moongoose wrote:
    the other member i'm waiting to see if they bring in is someone who wwe have looked after for a while sean waltman aka X-pac.

He signed a new contract with the MTV wrestling group last week, so it's not very likely he'll be coming back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Edge and Randy Orton, now THERES a DX you could set your watch too!!

you have a point these are the new generation of superstars with almost the old DX attitude however Ortan could not be a DX member IMO because of his involvement with Evolution which had been lead by HHH in which they turned on Ortan starting his first and biggest title push, he aint going to suddenly become HHH's follower again.

Although i would like to see him and Edge form a rival group who maybe have the same attributes as DX but see them as the new generation of WWE rebels.

Ortan could even work the evolution link into a promo suggesting that HHH the former leader of Evolution is stuck in the past reforming a spent force and that the new generation of such a group is already here with him and Edge... and maybe Carlito

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

Do you think DX will last longer than Vengence though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Question to the person who suggested Edge to be in DX - what purpose would he serve in this faction?

Edge is his own character, who is top of the card off his own steam, so it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to have him tied into DX. Edge is top heel in the WWE now, DX is a face faction, making the suggestion all the more ludicrous. Likewise for Orton. He is arguably the 2nd heel on Raw/WWE, doesnt fit the DX 'attitude' and is doing perfectly well on his own.

Now people might say HHH and HBK were well established etc, which is true, buit look at their characters in recent times, getting stale as a heel and face respectively, so a change of direction was needed. many felt that the original DX went west prematurly, due to michaels' injury, and have been crying for DX reformation for years. It happened for all of 3 minutes in July 02, the crowd popped savage, but HHH turned on HBK immediately, setting up their monster fued.

If anyone is to be added to DX, it would have to be a pretty much low card wrestler, who has lots of potential. As far as I see there is no such person who could/would fit that criteria, along with the criteria which the 2 boys undoubtedly have in mind.

However, like the reformation of NWO in 2003, they may not add anyone too soon, or indeed at all.

Apparently the reason Orton was moved to Raw is so he can feud with HHH when DX breaks up and Shawn has his knee surgery, which will be sooner rather than later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

So they would probably have orton kill the legend :rolleyes: of D-X by takin out Micheals to setup a feud with HHH and keepin him a face so if Edge were to win the title HHH would be next to face him... probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

Fozzy wrote:
    Apparently the reason Orton was moved to Raw is so he can feud with HHH when DX breaks up and Shawn has his knee surgery, which will be sooner rather than later

thats a shame
    i'd love to see DX go for a year long run at least
    but then again Michaels is getting old
    he's been in the buisness longer than i've been alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well first of all, the new reformed DX will never match the original one, no matter what HHH and HBK come up with because these days on RAW if something big is gonna happen its pre-advertised e.g."the official DX reunion". The thing that made DX so great back in the attitude era was that they did their thing unannounced. Nowadays theyre trying too hard to get the ratings and in turn they are taking away some of the magic. Don't get me wrong though, I am enjoying the reformation so far.

Secondly I don't really see it lasting too long either because in my mind theres only 3 wrestlers that are really title contenders bar DX and thats Cena orton and edge so they would have to break up DX in order to mix up the title picture at some stage and of course they would never have DX with either one as champ as it would make the other look weak. Plus theres HBK's surgery to take into consideration.

Before they break up the stable there has to be the inevitable DX Vs. Shane & Vince match so that could make things last a bit longer.

As far as potential new members are concerned my instincts go with Carlito. The only thing is, if you're gonna put him in a group with HHH and HBK on his own, he's gonna look major weak. In that case it would be best to bring in two up and comers. Maybe shelton if he could get a bit more charisma goin'.

If ths DX thing was gonna go long term though I would like to see an introduction of an enemy faction thats not the spirit squad. Possibly Edge and orton. In my mind WWE is always better when theres feuding factions.

Before they break up the stable there has to be the inevitable DX Vs. Shane & Vince match so that could make things last a bit longer.

well your right as we saw on Raw when this match was supposed to take place but instead we got something better, a truely classic promo from DX that completley ripped into Vince McMahon and Shane O'Mac before dropping **** on em to satisfy the lowest commen denominator fans.

this dx didnt look like the typical WWE trying rehashing the past it actually had me LMAO and for once (recently) hold my hand up and say well done WWE .

And even though i dont expect this DX to be anywhere near as big as the original or have nearly as much of an impact they have had a damn good start IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

well your right as we saw on Raw when this match was supposed to take place but instead we got something better, a truely classic promo from DX that completley ripped into Vince McMahon and Shane O'Mac before dropping **** on em to satisfy the lowest commen denominator fans.

this dx didnt look like the typical WWE trying rehashing the past it actually had me LMAO and for once (recently) hold my hand up and say well done WWE .

And even though i dont expect this DX to be anywhere near as big as the original or have nearly as much of an impact they have had a damn good start IMO.

Michaels' impression of Shane ruined it for me. That and the fact it clearly dragged on too long.

I'm sick of WWE advertising matches and then not delivering. This 'bait and switch' stuff is getting tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

if anyone out there thinks that the new dx wont work or be as good as the old dx well ive only got two words for you............................................

SUCK IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

dx on raw last night coping vince and shane was funny, but mr nice guy is right shawn,s impression of shane dragggggggged onnnnnnnnnn for too long. i reckon the crowd were starting to get bored with it also.
    I DONT LIKE THIS DX RUBBISH.

Ill be honest with you. I really want this new DX to succeed but theres a few things that are bugging me. Well firstly I can't help but feel that HBK and HHH look a bit like a gay couple. Its just that they keep putting their arms over each other when they talk in the ring.:eek:
    Secondly, they're older now and all the prank stuff that they do just doesn't seem right coming from them. I mean HHH has been the biggest heel for years and now all of a sudden he's smilin' and jumpin' around like mad. It doesn't seem right comin' out of HBK because, well, it doesn't seem natural. I suppose back in the day he was much better cause he was kinda living the "DX lifestyle" in real life.
    Finally, I really feel like they're just trying too feckin hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Zip wrote:
    if anyone out there thinks that the new dx wont work or be as good as the old dx well ive only got two words for you............................................

SUCK IT!!!!

tell me you are 12.... i hope you are for your own sake.

Ill be honest with you. I really want this new DX to succeed but theres a few things that are bugging me. Well firstly I can't help but feel that HBK and HHH look a bit like a gay couple. Its just that they keep putting their arms over each other when they talk in the ring.:eek:

Ah, they were always a bit gay! They used to drop their cacks at every opportunity

The only bit of Raw I watched was the DX bit, and it did start to drag on a bit, you could see the fans gettin restless. I still found it very funny though. That must be about the 4th time they've used that video of Vince, never gets old

I wrote that last quote before I saw RAW and now that I have seen it, I have to say that I really quite enjoyed that DX segment. Didn't think the HBK impression went on too long at all. I was laughin the whole way through. As soon as I saw HHH dressed as vince though, the first thing I thought was 'They did this with the nation of domination years ago.' but I don't wanna take anything away from the segment cause like I said, it was good. My point is, when they were plannin' the segment they were probably sayin' to each other 'lets do an impression of them like we did we did with the nation', in other words, copy something we've done before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

evad_lhorg wrote:
    tell me you are 12.... i hope you are for your own sake.

id say that is an insult.for your information i was joking.i would like you to apoligize..........................................and just so you know im 15!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

ahhhh sure it's immature, but personally i think it's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

You could understand ppl being annoyed by being told to "suck it". Maybe it would bring back bad memories or something. I dont really care though cause immature things will always get a laugh outa me. Of course there is a point because D-X is all about being immature to uptight ppl.

Promos running in Canada for the upcoming WWE Unforgiven PPV this September is advertising John Cena, Edge, Trish Stratus, The Spirit Squad and D-Generation X. Whether or not this means DX will be running well into September remains to be seen as it is common knowledge that many of this promos are made well in advance.

Advertisement