Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital camera

Options
  • 17-06-2006 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know a good site for buying digital cameras?
    I am looking for one with 5-6 Megapixel and 4x digital/optical zoom or higher.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

you can't go wrong with amazon, i bought my SLR there quite cheaply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

I haver a Minolta z6 and love it
    bought it from Pixmania 12 x optical zoom 4 x digital

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i'll cut straight to the chase.

by 'good site' you mean cheap site ;) these guys are cheap & won't let you down.

http://www.technikdirekt.de/
    do a search on these forums and you'll find many people have bought from them no problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'd reccomend www.dpreview.com first of all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I dont think amazon ship electronics to Ireland. Try ebay also, but as always be careful who you are buying from. Dpreview.com as mentioned is a great site for reviews and camera specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at those sites.
    By the way, what do you guys think of this one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI2Y5Q/ref=sr_11_1/102-7315570-2396162?%5Fencoding=UTF8

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As Ruu said, Amazon won't ship a lot of electronic items to Rep of Ireland anymore.

Last week I got my new Olympus camera from Pixmania.com even though I was wary. Anyway, package arrived intact, even though it took DHL 4 days as opposed to the 48 hours!

Advertisement