Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slammiversary predictions

• 17-06-2006 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

So who do you think will be victorious on Sunday? Here's my predicitions for the big matches on the card:

King of the Mountain match for NWA World Title - Christian Cage vs Abyss vs Sting vs Jeff Jarrett vs Ron 'The Truth' Killings

I'm going for Sting as I imagine they regard him as the guy who will bring most exposure to the title and I would guess this will set up a Christian heel turn and rematch. Also -
    If you go to http://www.spiketv.com/syndication/TNAPlayer.swf?streamParam=shows/tnawrestling/global7 you will hear on the Global impact episode the announcement of a 'new NWA champion' appearing on Thursday.

Scott Steiner vs Samoa Joe

If Steiner goes over here then TNA deserves to die. Joe needs to win this and then needs to be pushed to the moon.

AMW vs Daniels/Styles for NWA Tag Titles

I think Daniels and Styles will win this one.

James Gang vs Team 3D

Should be the Dudley Bo...I mean Team 3D prevailing.

Kevin Nash vs Chris Sabin

This is an interesting one. I'd like to see Sabin getting the win but I see Shelley helping Nash win.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

King of the Mountain match for NWA World Title - Christian Cage vs Abyss vs Sting vs Jeff Jarrett vs Ron 'The Truth' Killings

Now that they've revealed that they planned to have a new champ, they might swerve us and keep it with Christian. I'd rather that, he had a great promo last week. But if there is to be a new champ, I'd go with Abyss. It'll more than likely be a bit of a dreadful match, the concept of it is a bit backwards, literally

Joe's gotta win this. Not sure if he's in the best of shape though, slight injury spoiler for ROH fans
    he had a suspected burst eardrum in his match the other night with Danielson and KENTA, and those two guys suffered concussions

Looks like Daniels and AJ are goin to win, but I'd rather AMW kept the belts and got into a bigger feud with them first

James Gang vs Team 3D

Last month they wrestled, this month it looks like they're goin for a more hardcore approach. I'd imagine Team 3D will win this, and they'll have the final match next month, maybe with Spike and someone else involved

Nash vs the X-Division will probably drag out a bit longer, so I'll say Nash to win via cheating here

Rhino vs Bobby Roode and Scott D'Amore

Rhino to win this in the end, he's signed his new contract and they should start pushin him again here

Sonjay Dutt vs Alex Shelley vs Senshi vs Shark Boy vs Petey Williams vs Jay Lethal

Hopefully they give them a decent amount of time here. Senshi to win, he'll be a big part of the match either way

Jim Cornette will debut tonight too, should be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

The kotm match is ridiculous in its concept and I cant see it being too entertaining. I agree, I would like to see Christian hold on to it. I loved his promo on Impact, like a badass good guy. If there is a new champ, Id say it will be Jarrett, I dont see the point in giving it to Sting. Jarrett might get it and drop it to Joe down the line.

Joe

Should be interesting. Daniels/Styles claim they have Gail Kim sorted out but I can see her swaying the result in this one again

James Gang vs Team 3D

Dudleys to win here, hopefully Bubba takes Billy Gunn's ****in head off.

Nash has to win. He had me in stitches on Impact against the masked midget, "Sabin, I know its you!". Thre frog splash off the 1st rope was executed to perfection. I reckon Shelley will aid Nash to a win here, and SAabin will get his own back in the next ppv.

Rhino vs Bobby Roode and Scott D'Amore

Rhyno, but I dont care.

Sonjay Dutt vs Alex Shelley vs Senshi vs Shark Boy vs Petey Williams vs Jay Lethal

Shark boy still gets his spot, some things never cease to amaze me. Yeah, Low Ki will take this one. He's gotta be the man to put an end to Joes unbeaten run.

I get to watch this right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched the show. Decent main event but I'm not crazy about the concept of hanging the belt rather than taking it.

TNA are doing well but I still feel they need to acquire more talent if they are to be successful. I'd like to see Colt Cabana come in as he has talent and charisma.

I have it but its a .nsv file that you play in Winamp and the player keeps on crashing so hopefully ill get to see it later. Cabana could easily make it in the WWE. He has worked a few dark matches here and there so i wouldnt be surprised if he turned up there. He would do better for longer in TNA though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have it on Real Player divided in 6 parts. If you have any problems you can drop me a PM and I'll pass on the link.

• Advertisement

It should work on the winamp player if i leave it playing through. It kept on crashing when I started skipping bits, which is unavoidable with TNA PPVs, theres so much filler its unbelievable.
    Thanks anyway, I'll drop a line if my troubles continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched the first half of the ppv last week, didn't get round to the second half til last night. Not much free time with all the football on!

I enjoyed the ppv. Some decent matches. Nash is actually entertaining for the first time in a long time. It's shockin. The false finishes in the tag title match were great. I haven't read any of the news regarding TNA since before the ppv, I'm goin to have to find out who this new woman is so I can find a few photos of her. Haha

Anyone notice during Steiner's interview, he said he's beaten Cena? They were on different shows in WWE. He's actually more entertaining now aswell. Big difference since he was in WWE I think. Still find it hard to believe he's that same guy as 15 years ago. Slick Johnson looked silly in the new referee uniform

Main event was ok for what it was I suppose. Just a stupid concept though. I hope Cornette actually does have some booking power. I'll have to go check out Impact to find out what's goin on now. I was told that Joe possible
    lost his belt, but they're still sayin he's unbeaten. How?!

Just noticed somethin, I got all my predictions right except for the main event. That never happens with WWE, I'm always way off. Maybe TNA is getting slightly too predictable

Advertisement