Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-men whats happened

Options
  • 17-06-2006 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Started when the phalanx covenant 1st invaded earth and stopped(cable 15 i think), and coincidently stopped collecting when bishop was kidnapped by deathbird after battling the phalanx. When i stopped collecting x-men it was Harder than giving up drugs. I pretty much collected everything xmen except excalibur and generation X. so a few questions.

1.> Did they kick it off again a new, i got a few graphic novels recently and the impression i got was they'd started it off again.

2.> what was up with Bastion?, i'd just finished Zero tolerance and Bastion was dropping hints that there was more to him than meets the eye, i got the impression he was tied in qith apocalypse some how.

3.> what was the storyline name with apocalypse killing cyclops, tried looking it up but did'nt know the name. got about 10 graphic novels and none of them were the storyline.

4.> Did strye ever return?

I'll think of more questions later.

BTW i watched the 3rd movie and almost cried, it was terrible and for someone who followed xmen for so long, it was unbelieveably terrible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

1. Ultimate X-Men started new but the regular series kept going.

2. Bastion turned up again a few months later and he was killed.

3. It was called The Twelve or maybe Gathering of The Twelve.

4. I can't remember Stryfe making an appearance in X-Men again but he did show up in Gambits last book and sacrificed his life to save Gambit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 irlZaphod

2.> what was up with Bastion?, i'd just finished Zero tolerance and Bastion was dropping hints that there was more to him than meets the eye, i got the impression he was tied in qith apocalypse some how.
    Bastion turned out to be the merging of Master Mold and Nimrod that passed through the Siege Perilous with Rogue in Uncanny X-Men #247. The Siege Perilous judged the mechanical creature, and returned it to Earth in a new body. He was killed after Operation: Zero Tolerance.
    3.> what was the storyline name with apocalypse killing cyclops, tried looking it up but did'nt know the name. got about 10 graphic novels and none of them were the storyline.
    It was called The Twelve. I don't think it's collected in TPB format, and it's not worth reading anyway. Basically, Apocalypse gathered the long-hinted-at Twelve and attempted to use their power to channel his essence into a new body, that of X-Man (Nate Grey from AoA). Cyclops got in the way to save his alternate reality test-tube baby son, and was merged with Apocalypse. Later, in X-Men: The Search For Cyclops #1-4, Jean Grey and Cable were able to separate Apocalypse from Scott's body, and Cable destroyed his essence with his scimitar.
    BTW i watched the 3rd movie and almost cried, it was terrible and for someone who followed xmen for so long, it was unbelieveably terrible.
    Yep, it really was awful.

Advertisement