Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD tv wall brackets,hows it done?

• 17-06-2006 6:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,im looking at moving my current Dell 26" LCD into the kitchen as im getting a new one for living room but am wondering about whats involved in hanging the lcd on the wall with brackets etc.
    Is there a standard universal kit or bracket for this job.
    All walls in the house are solid block,not sure if this is a different scenario to hanging it on wooden walls?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

My plasma kit was a universal kit. It comes in 2 parts, one gets bolted to the wall, the other screws to the back of the TV. The the 2 parts then snap and lock together firmly.

If you're going into a masonary wall you'll need:

Hammer Drill/Masonary bit
    Rawl plugs & appropriate screws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

My bracket was also a universal one, its supposed to cover from 15 inch to 30 inch. Came in two parts, one screwed on to the back of the tv with 4 screws supplied and the second half screwed to the wall. The kit I got was available in two options, which I did not know when I purchased it. The kit I got had a fixed position (once you clicked one bracket to the other you could not adjust the viewing angle), however it was also available with a multi-viewing angle adjustment (you could titl the screen to suit the level at which you were viewing).

Advertisement