Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3347NWG - Problems with games

• 17-06-2006 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Im sure many people have those 'amazing' netopia routers supplied by eircom and was wondering does anyone have any success stories setting up NAT/Port forwarding and all that jazz, for football manager 2005 and civilization 4 direct IP games.

Ive been to forum after forum and cant seem to get it to work unless i turn the firewall on the router off.

How do i setup a static IP address on this router?

Thx for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Im sure many people have those 'amazing' netopia routers supplied by eircom and was wondering does anyone have any success stories setting up NAT/Port forwarding and all that jazz, for football manager 2005 and civilization 4 direct IP games.

Ive been to forum after forum and cant seem to get it to work unless i turn the firewall on the router off.

How do i setup a static IP address on this router?
    Sigh. YOU DON'T SET UP A STATIC ADDRESS ON THE ROUTER!!!!!!

Some people recommend that you set a static address on your PC, so that you can forward ports to that address. But unless you've got dozens of machines on your LAN, your DHCP address probably never changes anyway, so you don't need to set a static address - whatever address you've got today is probably going to be static anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

And for information that is actually useful, click here.

Not the same model, but it should be similar enough for you to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Please can someone out there help me???????????????????????????????????

My pc won't find the home page for looking or adjusting the settings for the above router, i phoned eircom twice and the 1st time they said my firewall is the problem and the 2nd time they said i have a problem on my pc, does anyone know if i have a problem on my pc would it be easy to plug in another pc and get onto the router settings?

I badly need to get on to adjust settings to enable xbox live run on my new xbox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It's usually 192.168.1.254 on those (awful awful) yokes.
    Do yourself a favour and save up for a real router ;)
    Port forwarding on routers is supposed to simply let you specify what port (or range of ports) you want to forward to what LAN IP address - the Netopia routers don't say where they're forwarding the ports to, which doesn't really make any sense - I've never got it to work for other unfortunate Eircom customers when they have several devices on the LAN.

Advertisement