Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help...... Will movies i buy from America play on my UMD PSP.

• 17-06-2006 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Im buying a few movies from America but am not sure if they will play on my PSP. It is a UMD and so are the movies im buying but i need to make sure.
    If they wont work is there something i can buy to make them work.
    Cheers
    FF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No and no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

there are things you can do to get it working but nothing we can be talking about here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What version firmware is on your PSP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Kristok wrote:
    there are things you can do to get it working but nothing we can be talking about here

It is perfectally legal to make a psp play out of region movies as long as you have payed for the film. There is no breach in copyright law there. If you wanted to be pedantic he shouldpay customs when he gets home, but........

Afaik they are region locked, but something in the back of my mind tells me that sony made UMD movies region free to entice people off certain firmwares, something about not letting people make the most of their psp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Nah Movie UMDs are region locked. Again I ask, what firmware are you using?

• Advertisement

Afaik you can make out of region movies work with umd emulator v0.8c. And it not illegal as he would own the movie before anyone jumps on the piracy bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But most of the time you have to circumvent copy protection to get to the region protection, which is illegal. Although I don't know if this is true for UMD's as well.

Its not illegal to circumvent copy protection as long as you don't use it to pirate. Also its his psp and legally he can make it do what it wants as long as it doesn't break the law and playing movies he paid for is not breaking the law

Advertisement