Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats my service provider?

• 17-06-2006 9:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This may seem like a "duh" question but how can i tell what SP i have? MOved ranch and changed provider to ntl but cos i have wireless n im techno scared, i dont know who im connected with at the mo!! lol

Anyway me ip address now begins with 86.14

Sound like ntl? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thanks but that site must be havin probs cos its not tellin me the answer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

faceman wrote:
    This may seem like a "duh" question but how can i tell what SP i have? MOved ranch and changed provider to ntl but cos i have wireless n im techno scared, i dont know who im connected with at the mo!! lol

Anyway me ip address now begins with 86.14

Sound like ntl? Thanks!

if you have wireless then u must mean you are using a router connected to your ntl modem as they don't provide a wireless service
    if so then your pc will have a [probably] 192.xx.xx.xx IP address

the router connected to the modem will have a public IP (ie the 86.xx....)

if your pc has the 86.xx.xx.xx ip then you possibly have it connected wrong ??

anyway to check your IP go to http://www.geektools.com/whois.php
    enter the IP and the code & you'll find who you have that IP from

by the way - in case you still have a query I wouldn't recommend posting your full IP here just in case ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're with NTL.

Advertisement