Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus clearout

• 17-06-2006 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

According to La Stampa 14/06/2006 the following are on the way out:

Buffon
    Thuram
    Zambrotta
    Emerson
    Vieira
    Trezeguet
    Ibrahimovic
    Mutu
    Blasi
    Zalayeta

But where will they go? Can any club afford to take more than one, and are there enough clubs monied enough to take them all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

that is some amount of players they are getiing rid of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Haha!! :D:D:D

I'm delighted to see that those cheats are getting what they deserve. Losing all your best players surely must mean that someone is not going to have Chmapions League football and may be dropping a couple of divisions!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Viera to replace Didi ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Zambrotta and Ibrahimovic would be fantastic buys. Other than that, I really can't think of any of the big clubs that would have a particular need for the rest, they are all (bar Blasi and Zalayeta, who I don't really know, and possibly Mutu if form improves) players in decline, so I doubt they'll draw big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

milan were linked with buffon before, i'm sure they'd make an effort to sign him if he became available

if juve get relegated ur looking at a serie a dominiated by milan for the next few years i reckon (woot!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Zambrotta & Zlatan to Liverpool! Yes please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I wonder how many of them will say they are Chelsea supporters.

What about the rest? If they do get relegated, would Nedved/Camaronesi/Cannavaro/Chiellini et al. be prepared to play in Serie B?

nedved will probably just call it a day. pitty though, best winger of the late 90's early 00's imo

Indeed, great player. Watching the Czechs today though, he won't have the legs for his type of game much longer, so you're probably right. Pretty bad way to end a career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

would Nedved/Camaronesi/Cannavaro/Chiellini et al. be prepared to play in Serie B?

Loyalty, it does still exist.
    Nedved said if they got relegated he would play another year for Juve to get them promoted out of respect to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

PHB wrote:
    Nedved said if they got relegated he would play another year for Juve to get them promoted out of respect to the club.
    Loyalty might be irrelevant at the same time, the decision may not come down to the players. If Juve got relegated to Serie B surely they would be on a much tighter budget, could they afford to hold onto the big money players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh they could, just for a year though, they'd realise they need it.
    People forget Juve could sell one of their top players and pay their wages for the rest of the club for the rest of the year.
    Also they own half the players in the Serie A so :)

But they will feel the wrath of TV revenue. They have created an individual deal, and they will be very very punished for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

smashey wrote:
    I wonder how many of them will say they are Chelsea supporters.
    good one smashey...ya I can see them all saying how much they love the way Chelsea pay, I mean play football.:p

As for Nedved, he is a legend. Ultimate professional, have always admired him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote:

Normally I'd say fair play, but in this case they are getting relegated due to corruption and match fixing with no regard to the players, so I'd say **** them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Why do people want Ibrahamovic?

Never understood why people rated him , scored 10 goals or so this season in 30 odd games in a team that won the league.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Rumours coming from camp kdjac , is that dundalk are looking at signing viera.

Sarge wrote:
    Rumours coming from camp kdjac , is that dundalk are looking at signing viera.

More than lilely Drogheda he usually goes for the better team in any area and has yet to sign for the Worst team in any given country.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

KdjaC wrote:
    More than lilely Drogheda he usually goes for the better team in any area and has yet to sign for the Worst team in any given country.

kdjac

score !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i would kill my granny to see ibrahimovic at anfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Jazzy wrote:
    i would kill my granny to see ibrahimovic at anfield
    Now that's a dedicated fan! :p

i'd kill your granny and your whole family to keep him away from anfield, i dont like him at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

KdjaC wrote:
    Why do people want Ibrahamovic?

Never understood why people rated him , scored 10 goals or so this season in 30 odd games in a team that won the league.

kdjac

Hes not a goal scoring striker though. He their to provide for other players. A smiliar role to Peter crouch.

Hes been muck this season though. But he still get into the majority of the top european sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Yeah I don't think we've seen the best of Ibrahamovic he ofen looks lazy and disinterested but he's strong and has good feet imo

Hes not a goal scoring striker though. He their to provide for other players. A smiliar role to Peter crouch.

Hes been muck this season though. But he still get into the majority of the top european sides.

Has been muck since he left Ajax and hardly a league worthy of being classed as good in.

Everytime i see him for Juve or Sweden he justs look crap altho your right very similiar to Crouch but thats not a good thing :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Crouch is great! :)

KdjaC wrote:
    Has been muck since he left Ajax and hardly a league worthy of being classed as good in.

Everytime i see him for Juve or Sweden he justs look crap altho your right very similiar to Crouch but thats not a good thing :)

kdjac

The dutch league? Hes been very good for juve apart from this season really. I cant see a "muck" player but able to continually get his game for Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Chiellini would be a good signing for someone in the market for a young enthusiastic defender.

The dutch league? Hes been very good for juve apart from this season really. I cant see a "muck" player but able to continually get his game for Juve.

sure u can play dwarfs if you have the ref payed off

• Advertisement

what is it? 14 matches under investigation and not all of them inlcuding juventus. whats the reason for the 70(rough guess) other matches? And the champions league ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Chiellini would be a good signing for someone in the market for a young enthusiastic defender.

Arsenal have been linked with him over the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ibra is a class act if not a contrary f**ker. He was dynamite season before last and even the first half of last season. Latter half its well known he is not getting on at Juve. Doesn't like the staff, the style a lot of the other players so he ain't a happy camper.

He wants out regardless of the scandal. I can see him moving. Anyone who buys him does so with the understanding that this is a 50/50 deal. In so far as you are either going to get a world class talent with a golden touch or a desruptive child who you will want rid of as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Maybe the ship sailed two years ago but id like to see Viera at old trafford.
    Give us a bit extra in midfield for a couple of seasons anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Trezeguet to Newcastle to replace Shearer???
    We could certainly afford his wages. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Roddy23 wrote:
    Arsenal have been linked with him over the last few weeks.
    Not a bad replacement for a seemingly want-away Ashley Cole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This is his second season at Juve. His first season he did ok. Scored about 10 goals. This season he scored 3 league goals.

I saw him score 2 goals in a champions league match for Ajax and I thought he was fantastic and I saw him play against Inter this year and thought he was Peter Crouch!

Milan are gona go down as well so that will leave Inter and the Viola and Roma to sign one or two of the big names. The rest will move to spain or england. More than likely most will go to Spain.

Advertisement