Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista look, without the Vista

• 17-06-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

THe Vista look.

Running it at the moment, and it's not too bad. I didn't want to go and get the beta, so this's handier. Although I might get the beta aswell, just to have a see for myself.

Apologies if this's already been posted...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool, downloading now. Cheers for the linkage, I havent seen it here before anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Does it still keep the XP name/splash/login screen (but use all the fancy effects/layout?).

It changes the boot and login screens to Vista, I think you can select which you want to have applied to your computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just Dled Vista Beta 2 at the weekend, havent tried it yet but let me know (PM) if you want a copy. its 3.5 Gbs or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep running Vista a few days now and so far it's going ok.
    Ok so the firewall and a few programs are gone AWOL but i'm liking it to much to turn back to XP just yet.

Download the trend anti virus free trial for beta here
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/viruses/wsc/en-us/windowsvistabeta2.mspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

god's toy wrote:
    Yep running Vista a few days now and so far it's going ok.
    Ok so the firewall and a few programs are gone AWOL but i'm liking it to much to turn back to XP just yet.

Download the trend anti virus free trial for beta here
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/viruses/wsc/en-us/windowsvistabeta2.mspx
    Or this one with a 1 year licence:
    http://www.my-etrust.com/SubscriptCenter/TrialLanding.aspx?verstr=35cf50e84818385224d80837bc43ad80&id=17569195&cid=1855&lang=en-US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Gonna need to download that now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

meh :/
    s'not all the bizzle shizzle really

Hmm *rubs chin* certain themes dont interact very well with Firefox. Its scrolling automatically up and down on any page. Happening with anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Id download it, but I have vista running on the desktop. Only one problem I had was the 6600GT didnt like it.

maybe the sis may use it, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Have any of ye tried moving say 50Gb's of data from a slave drive to the master (one vista is sitting on) yet....if not I wont ruin the surprise.

I'm planning to move 30GB of music from my Zen to vista tonight, is it that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Asok wrote:
    Have any of ye tried moving say 50Gb's of data from a slave drive to the master (one vista is sitting on) yet....if not I wont ruin the surprise.
    All went well I take it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Hehe well not quite. Last time I attempted to move a volume of data (couple of thousand files) vista crapped its pants completely (After repeated attempts) and I just ended up using unstopable copier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

god's toy wrote:

Was just going to suggest this beaut! Although since i have been using these sexy themes with the mac os type docks, i get this shutdown in 60 seconds thing every couple of days. And i sont have msblast because i have scanned on safemode with two different scanners.

I think it has something to do with the bitdefender firewall, which is shiite IMO but i couldn't be arsed changing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

be very careful with these vista transformation packs, theres at least one doing the rounds thats chock full of spyware, trojans and other nasties.

see the other recent vista thread for more info.

just be wary of anything asking you to shut down your AV & anti-spyware software, unlike me. ;)

Advertisement