Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where do boy racers gather?

Options
  • 18-06-2006 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Does anyone know any hotspots on Dublin northside where Boy Racers hang out at night and race each other, etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

why don't boy racers or (road terrorists) go and rent somewhere like a track or old disused area where ye can do what ever you want instead of acting like fools in housing estates, beaches, public roads and everywhere else nobody wants ye. Boy racers are almost as bad as travellers for abusing public space.
    -rant over:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

Ask your local donut muncher, he'll probably tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

5uspect wrote:
    why don't boy racers or (road terrorists) go and rent somewhere like a track or old disused area where ye can do what ever you want instead of acting like fools in housing estates, beaches, public roads and everywhere else nobody wants ye. Boy racers are almost as bad as travellers for abusing public space.
    -rant over:(

sigh

go to mondello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

how do you not know where it is??? its been all over rte and in newpapers for the past 2months!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Dollymount strand and JFK park in clondalkin.

Thing is the gardai now have a pro arrest policy (dangerous driving) for doing wheel spins, driftin etc in public places.

Kinda hits home when you are taken out of your car and handcuffed for doing a hand braker. Not to mention held overnight in a garda station and brought to court the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Chief--- wrote:
    Dollymount strand and JFK park in clondalkin.

They have brought drastic measures into stop all the messing on that beech. They have moved 100's of big rocks closer up the beech so as to slow down the traffic and stop the messing. You cant go fast unless you're mad.... I can see why they did it but at least before they had a bit of space to do the donuts and speeding but now its just all compressed up into a smaller space, which is more dangerous imo. ive already seen a few cars messing and they get within feet of parked cars.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Easy now, guys - i was just curious. I don't actually want to race, and I'm not a boy racer and/or car modifier. I was just wondering where they do it, and how they manage to get away with it as a regualr thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

if you've no interest in modded cars, no one here wants to know, it can be your little secret, so no need to post about it eh!

and again
    My main aim will be to stop anybody coming in here just to take the pi$$ at the car modifying scene. This will not be tolerated and you WILL be banned from here and the Boards motors section for an indefinite amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Believe it or not.........the M50! Let me explain........I can't remember exactly where it was but it was somewhere around the 100kmph zone southbound and there were some number of doughnuts there:confused: .Another seemingly favourite spot is the Glendalough visitors centre carpark- quite often I've seen the remains of tyres there complete with more doughnut marks. The M50 one was the most bizarre I've ever seen, little fcuks should be shot!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bspoke wrote:
    and again

You're quoting the charter from another forum, dude!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Does anyone know any hotspots on Dublin northside where Boy Racers hang out at night and race each other, etc?

IN jail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Chief--- wrote:
    JFK park in clondalkin.

Theres long done away with,the western ind estate facing there was also a hot spot but theres some nice bodykit smashing ramps in there now!

Dollymount seems to be the fools area of choice,they'l know all about it when the sand and saltwater starts rusting the arse out of there cars!Its beyond me why on earth they would want to race on a beach of all places.

As for renting somewhere,do you know what kinda money mondello charge?a few of us have looked into it before and it was pick a number and multiply it by 4!Even the specific track days are overpriced for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

this post was done to feed trolls eireal just dont bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

bspoke wrote:
    and again

What are you on about? Why are you quoting irrelevant stuff that doesn't apply to my posts or topic? I didn't "take the pi$$" out of anyone. I asked where they gather - simple as.

And I never said I had "no interest in modded cars" - I said I personally don't modify cars. Get a life, you rule-quoting prude.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

unkel wrote:
    You're quoting the charter from another forum, dude!

The thread was originally in the modified section which i quoted the charter from and then it was moved here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

When you find out please tell me because I want to bomb the place to take them all out at once... then maybe we can all get cheaper insurance premiums and make the roads safer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

steve06 wrote:
    When you find out please tell me because I want to bomb the place to take them all out at once... then maybe we can all get cheaper insurance premiums and make the roads safer.....

I concur completely.

I call them 'gay racers' and this is nothing to with sexuality, what I mean is that these idiots take ordinary cars and try to 'glam them up' , pink lights, skirts, fancy dials, black windows, wanting to be different to everyone else, hanging out at fast food outets,parking right up against each other,young lads in baseball caps,doing 'donuts',enjoying loud rave musc, yep theyre all GAY!! ;)

You heard it here first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Right, nothing to see here. Move along.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement