Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decapitated

• 18-06-2006 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok a while back a mate o mine suggested this band to me, I sampled a few tracks and you tubed em and from what ive heard so far jaysus christ there the best deathmetal band arond there.I See em as the metallica of the death metal circut the way they started so young, i mean i actually heard they had to sceduale there touring around there school exams a while back.

Anyone else hear of theese guys? Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have a few of their albums, and while I love the first one, Winds Of Creation, I think they've gotten sharply worse over the years. I'd say grab the first album, and avoid the rest.

Though if you think they're the best Death Metal band around, I really wonder how much Death Metal you've actually heard at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I have heard quite a bit, well not a ****eload but ive covered the major bands, Suffacation, nile, death, deicide, obituary, carcass, at the gates and all them i dunno what it is i just really dig em. I think its cause its late at night and theres a clarity in there sound that isnt in a load of death metal bands. I dunno i like em, you mightnt. REcemend me what youd consider the best death metal band around karl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Seen them there a while back.Their new vocalist is insane! The man has one massive pair of lungs on him.

Give Necrophagist and Hate Eternal a try.Fairly similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Patricide wrote:
    I have heard quite a bit, well not a ****eload but ive covered the major bands, Suffacation, nile, death, deicide, obituary, carcass, at the gates
    I notice a lack of Napalm Death,Morbid Angel, and Mithras. For more obscure excellent (imo) death metal bands you should also look at Emberland, Balam-Akab, Naeara (comparable to At the Gates), and The Red Chord.

Oh and say 'yes' to Necrophagist, wow, just, wow, Onset to Putrification is miles ahead of any other technical death metal album ever (Death included :eek:), the follow up (Epitaph) was a bit of a disappointment, but still a good album.

As for Decapitated, only actually head Winds Of Creation on Karl's recommendation, pretty damn good, never looked into anything else by them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Havent heard much of em, If its the band im thinkin of they do a fantastic cover of mandatory suicide with sly double bass pedals the whole way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

sorry how could i forget morbid angel and napalm death, Yea heard loads of em, never heard of mithras though i shall lok into em.

Bah, I should really know better than to get into the whole 'X is better than Y' argument.

I'll just say that Decapitated's first album is one hell of a slab of Death Metal, and you should get it. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

I saw them live man theyre ****ing class!!!! My friend nutted the vocalist into the skull he was headbanging so close to the stage!!!

I'd say grab the first album, and avoid the rest.

Do not avoid the rest!!! Yes, get the first one -Winds of Creation- and the second one -Nihility - ****ing excellent album- and the third -The Negation - 'twill blow your hole in two.
    Though if you think they're the best Death Metal band around, I really wonder how much Death Metal you've actually heard at all?

Mr. Hungus, you have to agree that they are *one* of the best Death Metal bands out there - and don't be so condescending.

Mr. Hungus, you have to agree that they are *one* of the best Death Metal bands out there

I have to?

Sorry but no. While Winds Of Creation blew me away (No pun intended), everything since has been nothing but the same old thing rehashed out. Nihility had a few good songs, but The Negation bored me to tears, and once I heard some of their latest album, I thought to myself that I'd waste no more money on this band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

actually i thought the new album was a step up from The Negation. apart from that, i'll agree with most of what you said Karl, tho i still think they're a great band. maybe thats partly linked to my determination to see them, having been forced to miss out on seeing them THREE times for various reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Sorry, just have to mention Krisiun. Great band. If you ever get a chance to see them live do. Fantastic live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

I have to?

Ok, no you dont have to, sorry.
    While Winds Of Creation blew me away (No pun intended),

Heheh

Yeah their latest album isn't great - there's only 3 songs I like on it and they're still not that great, but any thing before that imo is class.

Hey Karl did you not like even one song on The Negation? I think "The Fury" is the best track on the album. If you can get your hands on it have a listen just to that one song it's great.

Hey Karl did you not like even one song on The Negation? I think "The Fury" is the best track on the album. If you can get your hands on it have a listen just to that one song it's great.

I do own the album, and yes, I think The Fury is a good song, but a single stand-out track doesn't make a good album. Winds of Creation on the whole is excellent, because there are many tracks that are outright fantastic.

Advertisement