Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened Harrington last nite?

• 18-06-2006 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Didn't get to see it, but what happened Harrington that he ended up with a Treble Bogey on the 18th, last nite?

He would only be one off the lead only for that and at +6, I think he is too far back to make any sort of inroads 2nite

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Would have to agree - four shots is too much but Harrington is the type who could ground out and even-par round and who knows what might happen if he does? Mickelson is liable to do anything at times...

Harrington found the deep rought off the tea on the 18th last night. He had 190 to go to the pin (most others had 130-150 for their second shots so he must've hit a stinker or a bad 3Wood) and tried to make it with a fairway metal.

He only managed to advance the ball about 12 yards onto the fairway. He then went straight at the pin and flew it into the bunker back left. Chipped out and 3 putted from maybe 20 feet. Heart went out to him but taking the fairway wood from the cabbage was a crazy decision.

The commentators were giving out about the hole location, calling it unfair and a disaster but I wouldn't agree. This is the US Open, it's the same for everybody and people who get greedy and miss shots will be punished.

Geoff Ogilvy made a routine par by hitting the fairway and playing to a safe part of the green from 130 yds. Harrington got punished for trying be cute, as did Monty, Poulter and MacDowell...

Still, hope Padraig puts up a good showing today, he was brilliant for 53 holes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Yeah, it'd be a shame to see him lose by 1 or 2 shots now.

I can't see mickleson doing much worse than a 72/73 & if he does blow up, the winner should come from the group on +5, incl. Monty & Singh. If they post a 69 they are in with a great shout. I can see the winning score being +3.

Lets hope Harrington can carry out the round of his life and post a 67/68 & see how he gets on. He is more than capable of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

makes you wonder if they have harder hole locations for today, or will they make it a little easeir for a gripping finish.
    Harro made a mistake and paid the price for attacking a birdie, but i prefer him to play like that, if he was just to lay up he wouldn't be as much fun, he may be a winner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

harrington is shocking. why should you expect anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Don't count your chickens yet....he's only 2 behind Ogilvy.. pray to god he doesn't have a repeat of last nite and the rest of them do!

• Advertisement

Now only 1 behind...Ogilvy having a shocker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

now he is winning :eek:

swingking wrote:
    now he is winning :eek:

But in a spot of bother in the rough on the 15th!! C'MON HARRINGTON....

Now needs a 15 ft putt to make par

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

:eek: Jaysus, I hope he manages it.

• Advertisement

Bo!!ox.. he missed...1 behind again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Notorious BIG

This could easily go to an 18 hole playoff tomorrow. Come on Monty!!!

This could easily go to an 18 hole playoff tomorrow. Come on Monty!!!

Doesn't look like it at the mo.... Mickelson looks like he's beginning to take control :mad: ......Who do we pray to for a fcuk up??!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is this on the TV? I'm listening on BBC online...

EDIT: Don't have fancy Sky, gah.

Sky Sports

Theres a bad hole left in Mickleson yet. A double bogey would be nice. I hate the ****

Theres a bad hole left in Mickleson yet. A double bogey would be nice. I hate the ****

He's playing everyhing safe now....not even going for the greens..... unlike Harrington, he's got bloody nerves of steel

Bogey for Harrington.:(

True a few years ago Mickleson would bottle it but probably not now. If someone could post a +4 in the clubhouse it could be interesting. In all fairness Harrington is a joke he bottles it in regular tour events never mind Majors. A Harrington win would devalue the Us open IMO

Harrington gone. Bogey at the 16th, please make a fcuk up lefty!

• Advertisement

Just heard some booing, (least I thought so) what's that about? Harrington a joke, seems a bit harsh.

Yeah, the crowd doesn't seem to warm to Mickelson!

EDIT: I think it was an ooh, though. He fired his drive into the deep rough on the 16th

The NY crowd love Phil. Probably booing Monty in the middle of his swing:mad:

flanzer wrote:
    Harrington gone. Bogey at the 16th,

and you doubted me why?

I dunno thought it was booing when someone finished up, Luke Donald?! Did Harrington just mess up again? Can't tell on the radio :p

Is phil in trouble at 16?

Shouting for monty now!! Mickelson in the bunker... it's buried!!!

Monty needs a birdie, +4 could do it

Monty birdies!! C'MON YE BOYO

• Advertisement

****ing hell this is crazy. Come on Colin!! Without doubt the greatest Ryder cup player of all time. he deserves a major for his efforts in that alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

True a few years ago Mickleson would bottle it but probably not now. If someone could post a +4 in the clubhouse it could be interesting. In all fairness Harrington is a joke he bottles it in regular tour events never mind Majors. A Harrington win would devalue the Us open IMO

Why do you need to knock one of Ireland's best golfers. This will send him up the European oder of merit

Monty tied for the lead...Don't look at the leaderboard Monty

Monty has a habit of making a bogey after a birdie in Majors. A par on the 18 could win it:eek: Im not knocking harrington im just being honest

swingking wrote:
    Why do you need to knock one of Ireland's best golfers. This will send him up the European oder of merit

Hear hear....the best Irish player of all time...although he'd probably get a wildcard to the Ryder Cup, he, like the proo that he is, wants to get in on merit

I'd like to see Monty win.:) Sounds like some put!

• Advertisement

Hows phil on 17th, trouble:)

go on. middle of the fairway :D

Monty's drive in the middle of the 18th. I'll shed a tear if he wins....just get your PAR

Hows Phil?

Hows phil on 17th, trouble:)

somehow ok

• Advertisement

Hows Phil?

tee shot makes a blocked out shot to the green on the 17th

Phill on the green in 2. 30ft

I know im getting ahead of myself but if it went to an 18 hole playoff between Monty and Mickleson who would you fancy?. I reckon if Monty went into Ryder cup mode and treated it like a singles game he could do it. Unbeaten in Ryder cup

Monty in thick rough with his 2nd on the 18th

I knew it.Nearly Always gets a bogey after a birdie in majors:(

Monty with a 25 footer to save par....disaster

8 iron to the centre of the green. why even look at the pin, make 2 putt par and make phill work for it but what does monty do?

flanzer wrote:
    Monty with a 25 footer to save par....disaster
    10 ft for bogey now :mad:

12 ft past the hole now....not looking good...double bogey on the cards

Ah well, poor Monty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement