Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened Harrington last nite?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Barring a complete disaster from Phil mickelson, he now has it in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Oh Monty, Monty, Monty:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Notorious BIG

Middle of the fairway on the 18th and he takes a 6:confused:

Phil's drive just bounced back of a tent and into play......

Mickelson is in the sh1t, we could be good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Guy on BBC is giving out about a merchandising tent and professional golf?!

Middle of the fairway on the 18th and he takes a 6:confused:

Yep, i could have flicked his 8 iron better with my manhood!!

Ogilvy pars the last to guarantee 2nd spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 edaball

Hows Lefty doing on the 18th
    Nil Sky sports

• Advertisement

Could Mickelson be doing a Monty and throwing away it on the 18th?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Notorious BIG

Which makes it all the worse for Monty. A par or even a bogey would of done monty:(

Mickelson plugs his 3rd in the bunker on the edge of the 18th... up and down to tie...

Fcuk Mickelson, I never liked the guy anyway

Bad bunker shot from Mickelson flies past the hole....Congrats to Ogilvy...Poor Monty... I thinks he's blown his last chance of winning a major.... This will hurt him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Congrats to Ogilvy.

EDIT: Monty being interviewed now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I was expecting Monty to take it there in the end, ah well. Ogilvy stuck at it in the last few holes, fair play. If Harro wouldnt have messed yesterdays shot up he might have been better off, anyway thats that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That has to be the most dramatic Major I have ever watched.
    The lead switched so many times over the last 6 holes that any one of about 7 players could have won the competition.
    if you took your eye off the screen for 1 minute you missed something.
    Who says golf is a boring game ?
    The finish was the best 2 hours of tv I've seen in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

That was Harrington's best chance so far of winning a major. Bogeying the last 3 holes was a disaster. The minute he saw his name up on top of the leaderboard he seemed to go to sh1t. He has always said that the US Open is the major he would most like to win aswell.

Have to feel sorry for Monty aswell. Sitting in the middle of the fairway with an 8 iron you would have put your house on him finding the green at least, as he's such a good iron player. But he changed clubs just before he his and thats always a bad sign. That's where the caddy should have just gave him a club and said hit it.. but whats done is done!

Anyone hear Harry or Monty being interviewed after their rounds???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That was such a dramatic few hours of golf.
    Once Harrington was out of it, I really wanted Monty to win it, I thought after birdie on 17 and lovely drive to fairway that it was going to be his, but when he said what sort of shot was that the second he hit it I knew it was going to be bad and turned out couldn't be worse. The fact is he plained bottled it, no other way of explaining it.
    Once he has done that you think Mickelson with his experience should get par but even more shocking when he bottled it completely, think Ewan Murray summed it up nicely when he said he played hole like a 18 handicap hacker.

Fair play to Ogilvy though for taking it down, he didn't crack and it was enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

cooker3 wrote:
    Fair play to Ogilvy though for taking it down, he didn't crack and it was enough!

Yeah, in fairness, that was a tough up and down on the last. He hit a great chip and holed a tricky downhiller. Also a great chip in on the 17th, tho prob had a bit of luck there.

I was extremely surprised that Mickleson bottled it, very unlike him. His drive down the last was unbelievable & thought when he drew a nice lie, he shouldv'e taken his punishment and went for a bogey. It would've been nice to see him win it to setup the final leg of the "Mickleslam" at the Open in July. It would have added a bit more interest to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Best US open in a long time. Pity about Harrington, the second shot on 18th on Saturday was a shoker. Didn't think that he did much wrong on Sunday, just couldn't keep it together over the final 4 holes. Glad to see Mickleson chocking, he only hit 2 fairway's on Sunday so it was bound to catch up with him.

Clarke fell away on Saturday and bogied the final 4 holes on Sunday, this is typical of him. I stil think there's a major in Harrington but as Clarke has showed with 2 win's in the world golf champ's, he has the game. His wife's health is not helping his focus ( hope she recover's).

McGinley unlucky to miss the cut but after knee surgery, not alot was expected from him.

Advertisement