Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera Mini and Meteor - problems...

• 18-06-2006 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to get Opera Mini working with Meteor phones ?
    I'm using a sony ericsson w800i, but I doubt the phone model has anything to do with it.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I've got Opera working on my SE v600i - have you tried the FAQ on the Opera website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - I even had my GRPS WAP settings resent by SE.

You're with Meteor right ?

If so, can you post your settings ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Does meteor have internet service provider?I know with my n70 if i use vodafone access point it doesn't work but if i use my vodafone isp access point it does work..Could that be your problem
    i'm on contract if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

I think you have to use Meteor ISP settings you need to ring them to set it up its cheaper to use these settings anyway.

Can anyone confirm this ? If so, can you post the settings ?

• Advertisement

All the settings you need are here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106942

Again you have to ring meteor to get set up,

With nokia you set up your prefered access point whit these

Sony ericsson I think you can set it so all jave applications use your prefered settings

Again you have to ring meteor to get set up
    So do you mean, in addition to the settings for Meteor ISP, I also need to ring them in order for it to be enabled ?
    Is that not standard, I mean if not, why not ? (Just wondering)

Yes you have to ring them to enable it, I have no Idea why its not ask them if it means that much to ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

How much does the Meteor ISP cost to use?
    In comparison to gprs/wap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's 5euro per meg.

Gprs costs 3c per kb, which works out at 30euro and 72c per megabyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

chrislad wrote:
    It's 5euro per meg.

Gprs costs 3c per kb, which works out at 30euro and 72c per megabyte.

crazy prices.... I knew they have half a mb for €2.50, but thought they something cheaper... €5 is an insult - how do they expect people to use data freqently with a price like that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

And that's the discounted Meteor ISP price... the price most people pay for GPRS traffic is about 1c-3c per KB, which is in the region of €10-30/MB.

Crazy as you say.

I don't think we'll see widespread use of mobile internet until all operators offer unlimited traffic bundles - already available in the US and UK. For example you can get unlimited mobile web usage for about £13/month on t-mobile in the UK. I predict Irish operators will start offering this in 2012 when we've all moved onto something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yaboyya

I have just downloaded it to a Nokia 6230i and it worked just fine. It's actually pretty cool! Would recommend it - particularly the way the pages slide over and back! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yaboyya

Meteor's GPRS/WAP pricing is now €0.02/KB - I think they recently brought it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Still crazy prices,i pay ?20 a month for 50mb so its not bad for,vodafone seemed to be the best for data plans.Vodafone i believe are launching a unlimited plan soon but i think is ?50 a month..Even more crazy!What are o2 like for data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

damo86 wrote:
    Still crazy prices,i pay ?20 a month for 50mb so its not bad for,vodafone seemed to be the best for data plans.Vodafone i believe are launching a unlimited plan soon but i think is ?50 a month..Even more crazy!What are o2 like for data?
    They launched it last week, €49 for unlimited 3g download, not great but not bad at the same time.

Advertisement