Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Suspended!

Options
  • 18-06-2006 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Theres a domain name in interested in, its a .ie and i looked up the whois on the iedr.ie site, the status says suspended and i read up and it says that after 14 days the domain will be available by anyone, is this true of how does suspension work!?!?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The IEDR isn't 100% clear on this. In relation to an enquiry of a colleagues recently, they said:
    IEDR wrote:
    If the domain name is not renewed by the current holder, it will enter the suspension process on DATE1 when the holder will receive an email reminder. On the DATE2 if still unpaid the domain will be suspended and if still unpaid it will finally become deleted at noon on DATE3.
    (DATE2 = DATE1 + 14, DATE3 = DATE2 + 14.) So it "enters the suspension process" in the 14 days after expiration, but it doesn't actually get suspended unless the registrant fails to respond during that period.

So if the domain you want is actually suspended, yes, it will be ready for registration soon. My advice is to ask the IEDR, who'll give you a date and time that it will become available if they're in a good mood.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot depends on the original owner of the domain. If they pay the renewal fees then the domain will be pulled out of suspension..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

cool, thanks for that lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

You are typically looking at 45 days + after the domain enters the IEDR MSD process (suspension) that it will be deleted, unless the original owner renews in that period.

Advertisement