Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FAO People doing the ratio q in accounting

• 18-06-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Heya, was just going through the past papers and it seems part b for the last 3 years has been about shares? Do you think this year they will ask about a loan? And while i'm at it does anyone have the formulae to get the new gearing % and the new return on capital? Thank yoou!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

In my mocks they asked the loan :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

i say they will ask about debenture holders or a loan. thos ratios should be in your book

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

willowmegs wrote:
    Heya, was just going through the past papers and it seems part b for the last 3 years has been about shares? Do you think this year they will ask about a loan? And while i'm at it does anyone have the formulae to get the new gearing % and the new return on capital? Thank yoou!!!

Gearing is Debt:Capital Employed (that's how I do it) and Return on Cap is Net Profit + Interest x100 over Capital Employed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

willowmegs wrote:

It's fairly the same as before. to get the new gearing after a loan your loans will increase by the amount of the loan and so will the capital employed under the line. Likewise for the ROCE the capital employed will increase by the value of the loan.

Also it's worth while redoing the interest cover to accomodate for the loan, but make sure to put in a line about "assuming current preformance continues" or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

K, thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

happydance wrote:
    It's fairly the same as before. to get the new gearing after a loan your loans will increase by the amount of the loan and so will the capital employed under the line. Likewise for the ROCE the capital employed will increase by the value of the loan.

Also it's worth while redoing the interest cover to accomodate for the loan, but make sure to put in a line about "assuming current preformance continues" or something.

It's all pretty much the same isn't it with shareholders and loans, except you do workings for before the loan and after the loan. Interest cover and that craic.

Advertisement