Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japan vs Croatia

• 18-06-2006 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this will be a good one, seeing as both teams essentially have to win. Japan are set to make changes from the team that lost to Australia, but Nakamura has recovered from illness and a bruised thigh to make it.

Predictions? I'll go for an exciting draw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Its hard to predict this one, but I liked the look of Croatia in their first game against Brazil, so I'll go for them to win. Don't expect many goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm delighted Nakamura is fit to play as he was a doubt for the rest of the tournament. My favourite Celtic player and hopefully he's on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Prso wins a penalty.

Missed! Great save.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Japan really have the best player names.

I was actually hoping Croatia would score that peno so we'd see a bit more urgency from Japan. In saying that, Croatia are worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Okish game Japan really there is no point in corssing the ball and overplay it to much, they can hit on the break and use pace and thats about it.

Croatia well organised and typical Euro side can defend and defend well. Shame they use most of the team to do that so seem lacking up front with never any more than 3 players going forward.

Game needs a sending off tbh :)

kdjac

Miss of the tournament!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

how did he feckin miss that! :eek:

Croatia just had a good chance themselves. The second half has started a bit brighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

can someone tell me the name of the 2 commentators on itv for this match - settle and argument

• Advertisement

I can't remember the name of the main guy, David Pleat is the co-commentator though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

only needed the co-commentator anyway thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Jimmy Magee is not a very good commentator... Who's the new boring presenter bloke working in the studio for this game too??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

How bloody long did the referee have to get out of Japan's way before he dispossessed them of the ball? :eek: *shakes head*

All over, 0-0. Should have been 1-0 to Japan.

I think Japan should just start with Inamoto and Ono and drop their 2 strikers as they aren't very good at scoring. :) The lads on RTE were not giving Japan any credit. Kinsella thought Croatia just shaded the game... yeah right. Cunningham said it was always expected that Aus v Croatia was going to be the deciding game for 2nd spot. He also just dismissed Japan's chances of them beating Brazil. OK, it's a long shot but they have a better chance than the other 2 of beating Brazil. If they had a decent striker they'd certainly have 6 points now. :( I'm sure there's a lot of interest in their big centre half, he has been excellent.

btw - what is it with ref's booking players for time wasting when there's no reason for them to time waste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I don't think I'll be too disappointed if neither of these 2 make the last 16.

Highlight of the game for me was the strange bounce that backpass to the goalie took at the last second :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Japan were hard done by again. Croatia never really did much and the Japanese wasted too many good chances.

If the Japanese had a decent striker they could probably give Brazil a run for their money, but as they don't I can't see Japan progressing. Unfortunate enough, I'd prefer to see them go through ahead of Australia and Croatia.

Advertisement