Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor - Allied Assault - PC

Options
  • 18-06-2006 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I have just got this game as a present but it's in French and it's wrecking my head.
    Are there any patches, downloads or whatever available to change the language to English?
    If that is not possible could some kind soul zip up the sounds folder and send it to me. At least then the commentary etc would be in English.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but I'm not really a gamer and the search hasn't shown up anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Someone can give you the files needed.

Dont have it installed meself but irc its the localisation files you need.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i have the cd /dvd somewhere, when i find it ,ill email you those sound files.just moved recently, i havent set up my pc yet.just be patient.i havent,even opened cd case yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

That's very decent of you gamer. Thanks.

No rush, I can keep getting killed in French in the meantime.:)

Are the voices in game in french?

Or the text?

kdjac

They are both in French.
    The problem is my 12yr old son bought it for me for Father's Day. The wee bastard speaks French fluently whereas I struggle a bit. I don't want him to think I don't enjoy the present, but TBH it's lot of work reading and listening French at the same time while trying to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Installing as we speak....

If you know exact folders (Although it will probably be obvious :)) and PM an e-mail it should be there shortly.

Compressed and ready to go.

I think it's just the dialogue. Most other things will stay the same, I hope.
    I used the defaults so this is the path to my sounds

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHDA\main\sound\dialogue

email burke@wanadoo.fr I think my limit is quite high.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

If that fails Hagar, I have two copies of the game which I can send you one for nothing.

The real sound files are in the Pak files not sure which one think its 3.

Theres also a localisation files which contains the in game text that needs to be copied.

kdjac

gmail doesn't seem to like this.... any ideas? File is about 150mb, .Rar.

Will do a yousendit or similar if it's hissy fitting.

Well, the main dialogue folder and a .pak are on thier way. Anything else needed can be added on in subsequent mail.

• Advertisement

you can extract them by added the file type to windows xp as a compressed folder.

kdjac

Pak4 is on it's way now too that's the dialogue one.

Give them a go and see what happens.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

I have got Pak4.pk3. I renamed the old file Pak4.pk3.old and copied the downloaded file into the same directory. Is there another step to follow?

Boot the game and see if it worked? (Did you rename the old sound folder too and move the one I mailed you in to replace it?)

The sub-folder names in the sound folder you send me are not an exact match for the originals. The games plays ok but with no voices.

MOHAA doesnt check you can stick your entire mp3 folder in there and once called Uber_voice_12 whatever it will play.

For the last time and the love of god you need the localisation file!!!! :)

Enable console and hit `` in game to see the errors your getting they should say Cannot play mp3 X etc etc etc

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

sorry about this I have the game in German. I know it makes the gameplay authentic but I would also like the English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

can i leave the rest of those mags till sunday,eveningat 5pm,or 6pm, or wednsday next week.im definitely interested i ,d just like a break today.takes 25mins to cycle there from my place.pm ,me or email, rick.net at dublin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

gamer wrote:
    can i leave the rest of those mags till sunday,eveningat 5pm,or 6pm, or wednsday next week.im definitely interested i ,d just like a break today.takes 25mins to cycle there from my place.pm ,me or email, rick.net at dublin.ie
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054949142

:confused:

• Advertisement

OK, so localisation.txt is in the Pak0.pak (In Pak0\Global) just replace that one with the one I send you... it will overwrite the old one, although I don't know if it will cause any conflicts or anything without being properly recompiled.

You can extract the paks and run the game fine faster without them just keeping the file structure.

The game will run the 1st file it finds so if you put localisation txt into the global folder not paked it will run that one.

Ahhh the memories.....

kdjac

Will do, thanks.

Advertisement