Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert spanish ?/hi i'm new :)

Options
  • 18-06-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,i'm doing leaving cert. honours spanish on Tuesday just wondering does anyone know any good websites or have any advice ? ....btw im new here so*waves*....everyone already seems to know each other here so..i know it's off topic but im 18 live in Dublin and really love languages and dancing me in a nutshell .want to know anything else just ask :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

What is your favourite colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Do not be mean!! Hello chloe emily and welcom to the LC forum! Most of us are nice...sorry but I dnt do spanish but I'm sure there is someone! good luck and dont worry there is always room for people on this forum - dnt be shy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Hey chloe, only saw your post now, can't believe it took so long for someone to reply.
    Chlo&#233 wrote: »
    ....btw im new here so*waves*....everyone already seems to know each other here
    *Waves Back*:D most of us just know each other from this forum. d4gurl is right most people here are nice but she is a bitch, ah no she's a legend. I don't do spanish either, sorry. Oh ya i nearly forgot welcome to the family :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Hi,i'm doing leaving cert. honours spanish on Tuesday just wondering does anyone know any good websites or have any advice ? ....btw im new here so*waves*....everyone already seems to know each other here so..i know it's off topic but im 18 live in Dublin and really love languages and dancing me in a nutshell .want to know anything else just ask :p

Heya, i did honours spanish until my pre when i saw the light and i'm now happily doing pass...but...since you're doing honours..the only (rather obvious) advice i can give you is really know your vocab and phrases for the essay question, and know all your tenses and that subjunctive thingy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

caesar wrote:
    Hey chloe, only saw your post now, can't believe it took so long for someone to reply.

*Waves Back*:D most of us just know each other from this forum. d4gurl is right most people here are nice but she is a bitch, ah no she's a legend. I don't do spanish either, sorry. Oh ya i nearly forgot welcome to the family :)

I saw the word bitch and was about to go ape sh!t! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Chloé Emily

thanks for the welcome not much advice but ill be grand *fingers crossed*:) hope everyone elses exams are going well :) hopefully ttyall soon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

It's difficult to get help in Spanish specifically for the Leaving Cert. in book form, never mind online so I can't direct you to anywhere in particular.

Try listening to some of the Spanish podcasts on iTunes, even to go over the really basic stuff. If you have Sky TV, TVEi is on channel 802, though they only seem to be showing the Spanish equivalent of Celebrity Strictly Come Dancing tonight!

Go over the words to do with the weather for the forecast in the listening. some are similar, and people have been saying that the enviroment (medio ambiente) / global warming (calentamiento global) / the greenhouse effect (el efecto invernadero) may come up.

http://spanishdict.com is handy for quickly looking up stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

caesar wrote:

*cough* aberC is a legend too *cough*

hey chloe!! yeah we're all really nice here, especially me and d4gurl ;) come and join us on "Its The Random Merged Weekend Merged MidTerm!!!!" thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TiM_rEAPeR

Learn vocab for the weather, and for oppinion! thats all I gotta say atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Well that was horrible, hardest comprehensions I've seen ever, I didn't know half the words in them, they weren't even guessable. The only thing that went semi-okay for me was the opinión, and even then I just repeated myself and didn't have a proper conclusion :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

I really really liked the pass paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Chloé Emily

mmm i usually find the comprehensions really easy and today's were challenging :( ....the tape is usually much easier than the french one (imho) and it was the opposite this year was a bit disapointed overall especially since i want to do it in university:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I found the comprehensions a bit tougher than normal but still got through them easy. The sum total of my spanish preparation was an hour sorting my spanish notes the night previously and about 20 minutes reading through them so obviously I wasn't feeling too confident and what I wrote definetely reflected that. :(

Did the effing dialogue construction badly. Couldn't remember the verb "Perdir".. Mental block or something, kept saying to myself "He <blank>do... he <blank>do ..." damnit.

Aural went pretty good though.

How many marks go for Section C and the Opinion piece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cogey Bear

The opinion piece and section C are both worth 50 marks.

Did anyone else find that aural extremely difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sxcbbz

hey huni im new 2 bt evry1 sooo nice here!

XxXxXxMwAhXxXxXxLoVsYaXxXxXxBeXyXxXxXx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cogey Bear wrote:

Unless some of them repeated, I don't think they'll care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ladyleana

Cogey Bear wrote:

i found span tape impossilble! i dont no y day were so nasty wit it!! every1 iv talked 2 found it impossible!! so we're not alone!!!:D

Advertisement