Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodwork

• 18-06-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

How do you think you'll do? Don't ask why, but I picked woodwork for my option and I absolutely hate it.

PROJECT: I've done an alright project with the help of my teacher. I didn't get it finished til the very last minute. I chose the "artefact to reach places above eye-level" brief and I didn't even do a stepladder of anything. I did a childs chair which folds out into a bench! It's easy to step up on and all but it doesn't exactly meet the requirements of the brief...but my teacher said it would do and it looks pretty good. It's made of Ash, and finished really nicely i think!
    PORTFOLIO: This was ****e. I can't draw for my life, and I didn't put much in it. I'm grand with the first few pages; analysis of the brief etc. but when it comes to sketches.....EEK! And I think I made some mistakes with my working drawing too! But my evaluation was grand because there's so many things i did wrong that i could put in!!!
    EXAM (BEFORE): I'm dreading this because our teacher is pretty ****e with theorey. My estimate is that we've done 1/4 of the course..and most of our class wouldn't even understand it fully. I'm just revising now and there's so much we havent done so I'm not even going to attempt to learn it off now. I didn't realise the theorey was so difficult. The long questions are impossible!!!!
    EXAM (AFTER): Wait and see...:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Do we need to bring in Drawing equipment like Set Squares etc for the test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Tarzan_man wrote:
    Do we need to bring in Drawing equipment like Set Squares etc for the test?

Don't hold me to this but I heard that they supply the T-squares and drawing boards. But you need the rest! Which sucks cos I don't have any set squares! Obviously, you need your own pencils, rubber, sharpener, compass etc. but if your woodwork teacher is likely to be in your school today, perhaps he will open the woodwork room and allow people to borrow set squares. Thats what I'm hoping for..

I mightn't even do the working drawing though. You don't have much time to do it and I find it hard to do from the picture they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

^ nah you can't borrow anything.
    You'll be in the same room you've been in so far and probably given drawing boards (or least be offered them) like the $hitty ones in my school.
    You'll also be offered T-squares and set squares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I didn't do any of the major drawing questions. Test was easy peasy. Finished in about half an hour. My project was crap, I got burnt by some tool in class and I barely put anything into my profolio. Ah well I still think I passed :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

^haha :P me either (drawings)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I did qustions 1, 4(a), and 5. Completely bypassed the drawing questions except minimal scetches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

I thought theory was simple finished in an hour on the honours paper including drawing question and I had no hesitation to answer any question.My portfolio was rubbish.But my project was grand did the cabinet for grooming items but I didn't pay much attenion to the slimline part.I finished about a week before deadline.

Advertisement