Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Smart speeds in Limerick today

• 18-06-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Smart speeds seem to be slow in Limerick today, anyone know the reason why? It has been very consistent up to now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 veedonfleece

I'm getting levels of about 128 max down, equiv. to ISDN. It's meant to be a 3MB line. I hope this is just a temporary glitch and not a sign of things to come, I only switched to Smart last month--took 7 weeks without BB, had to disconnect my reliable EsatBT account. I presume someone somewhere is fixing this problem. Strangely the upload is unaffected!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

It's the first one for me in the three months since connection, up to today it's been great from Roches St. exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

smart are having problems today alright. Ive been onto their NOC. Getting ping times to dublin of 2000ms from Cork!!

No word though on what/when it is gona be solved

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Apparently there's a problem with the ESB backhaul, and they're using a backup route that doesn't have as much capacity. ESB say they hope to have it fixed this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 veedonfleece

It's back up to a cracking 2.92MB now. Crisis over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement