Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of shooting are you into

Options
  • 18-06-2006 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Own a browning double automatic shotgun and use it to shoot game during the autumn winter months mostly duck and pheasant and snipe are shot with this and the odd rabbit and shoot pigeon during the summer months if ive time on my hands

My other gun is a cz 452 .22wmr rifle mostly used to shoot rabbits although have started to shoot foxes with minor sucess casually shoot targets as well

05092005011.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

As most of you know, have a Yildiz O/U shot mostly vermin, rabbits crows etc,none have got away yet. Waiting for the pheasant season.

When i get the Cz rifle then the shotgun will be for the birds, rifle for rabbits and target shooting......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

lr for rabbit = food
    air rifle + crows = fun

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Newby,

how are you getting along with the Yildiz? i've handled one and i'd have to say "not bad for the money"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

beretta semi auto for crows, magpies, pigeons, fox(up close), rabbit, pheasant, duck, snipe, grouse, woodcock

logun air rifle for targets, crow, pigeons, magpies and the odd rabbit if i get in close enough

in the future i.e. when/if i get my license .223 tikka for fox, rabbit, crow, magpie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jacobo

Steyr LP-10 for 10-metre air pistol.

Hämmerli SP20 for 25-metre standard pistol (I received it last week).

• Advertisement

Grand, thought it was gona kick like a mule, but it isnt that bad at all, love it very happy with my decision!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Baikal Mp-153 for lamping and vermin, also managed to hit a few clays with it last week! Got a camo sock for it this morning, good investment i think saves messing about with tape or getting it dipped and is reusable.

Very soon (soon as the local cop shows his face) I'll be applying for a .223 which hopefully will be used for fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Winchester SuperX2 semi auto- Clays/Crows/Rabbits.Phesant.ect
    Remi 700. in 220Swift- Targets/Lamping Foxs/Sniping golf balls/Rabbit-
    Chop sewi:D
    Remi 700.in .300Win-Mag-Deer/Tree Felling:D

beretta AL391 for absolutley everything. its a seriously versitile Gun.
    CZ .22lr for bunnies, various members of the crow family. and the odd rat or mink.
    Remy700 for Foxes, Rabbits and some home target range.
    Lanber sporter 30" for hide work (pigeon/rooks), game and the very odd clay bustin session.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Back on topic.
    I shoot, foxes mainly, rabbits and vermin that are causing problems, ie feral goats, pigeons, crows, rats, ect.

I use a CZ .223, CZ .22lr and a Beretta A 304 semi-auto 12 Bore shotgun.
    I will soon be getting a 6.5 x 55.
    Keelan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

beretta teknys sporter for crows magpies and odd go at clays, rem 700 in .17rem for foxes 223 on da way if licence ever comes thru! application for cz sp01 in 9mm goin thru the paces too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Jacobo wrote:
    Hämmerli SP20 for 25-metre standard pistol (I received it last week).
    Congrats on that Jacobo, I hope it serves you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Nice "Double Automatic" - "The gun that is never empty."
    Only 67,000 were made in the guns 19 years run going by my Blue Book.

Is that a Morgan recoil pad on the cz 452 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Double barrel i would love if you have more info on that gun

what i know and i can check proof marks but its a handmade belgian browning the original but plate had double automatic on it the gun is around 30 years old there is not many of them around only see one other in england havent done any searching mind you just whatever gun shops i was in always asked if they had one but i can tell you this gun is quaility it has never missfired on me and handles like a dream

what you said about it being never empty is true its the easiest thing to load just slap em in the side no breaking barrels or turning the gun upside down and fiddling with buttons just stick it in pull back the bolt up she goes and thats it this whole ordeal take aroudn 2 secs

the butt plate on the rifle is a bisley or something like that its made of two pieces of alluminium which have groves in them and is held together by a locking nut you just set it to the position you want a thighten its not the fanciest thing in the world but fits my shoulder well

i think ive been very lucky and landed right on my feet with my guns im only young and these are my first guns and at €300 each thats the best value for money ive ever seen i dunno what the story is with the browning as that was the quoted price in england for the one i was looking at but this is a quaility gun and as for the cz its as accurate little thing

The stock on the browning looks fantastic, both comfort wise and quality of the wood

psittacosis,

Production of the Double Automatic shotgun began in 1955. A total of 67,000 in all variations were made. Invented by Val Browning, son of John M. Browning, production ceased in 1971. Browning owners manual here.

A historical letters is available from Browning. Historical Letters include: Date of manufacture, invoice number, date of sale, to where the gun was shipped, and a description of the firearm. Letters are on official Browning letterhead, signed and stamped by a Browning historian .

Double Autos came with 26, 28 and 30 inch barrels and blued receiver.

Twelvette, similar to the DA except: Hiduminium (aircraft alloy) frame and colour anodized in "Autumn Brown, Forest Green,Velvet Grey,Dragon Black". The brown,grey and green had silver engraving while the black had gold rubbed engraving. Other rare colors include pink,light brown,ruby and maroon. Add 20% - 30% depending on rarity. By far the most common colors were black and silver.

"Twentyweight" means that it is a 12 gauge shotgun built on a twenty gauge frame and almost as as light as a 20 gauge. They were about 3/4 of a pound lighter than the standard DA and came with 26.5 in barrel only. Twentyweight will bring at least 25% over the standard.

Blue Book:

Grading .........100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    Blue Book .....$650 $525 $450 $400 $350 $300 $260
    w/vent. rib ....$750 $650 $575 $525 $475 $425 $350

Blue book values are only a guide, market forces are the over-riding factor - your milage may vary. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

The serial number on the gun is C_ _ _ _ _ but there is a little FN about half the size of the normal letters in front of the C i know the C stands for steel reciever and the rest is just a number im guessing the fn stands for finish so its the last batch or year made which is 72 making the gun 34years old

psittacosis,

The symbols FN = Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, often referred to as FN, The Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre was established in 1889 to manufacture 150,000 Mauser rifles ordered by the Belgian Government.

C=steel receiver From 1958 serial numbers were preceded by the date of manufacture. 8A = aluminum receivers for 1958. 8C = steel receivers for 1958.
    Example: 8C21601 = A 1958 Double Automatic with steel receiver and serial number 21601

In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture which was followed by a four digit code that identified the type of Double Automatic.
    A=aluminum receiver
    C=steel receiver
    This was then followed by the serial number beginning with 1000.
    Example: 69A1000 = A 1969 Double Automatic shotgun with an aluminum receiver and serial number of 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Babble

Vegeta wrote:
    The stock on the browning looks fantastic, both comfort wise and quality of the wood
    Cool!! I didnt realise they made guns out of wood!
    P1020493.jpg
    :p

whats the Ar 15 for?

• Advertisement

Hezz700 wrote:
    what the Ar 15 for?
    Errrr I guess its for nothing? Well Putting holes in paper etc. Its just another firearm nothing special

Babble wrote:
    Errrr I guess its for nothing? Well Putting holes in paper etc. Its just another firearm nothing special

Listen just because your firearm laws are way more lax than ours will EVER be , you dont have to rub our noses in it!!!!! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jacobo

Rovi wrote:
    Jacobo wrote:
    (Hämmerli SP20)
    Congrats on that Jacobo, I hope it serves you well.
    It does, it does... past Sunday, barely two weeks after receiving it, and in my first official standard pistol competition I got 495 points (out of 600). I made an error in the 1st and 2nd 10-second series, so it might have been higher. But, anyway, as I got more than 440 points I can now apply for a 2nd category permit (which allows me to have up to 6 firearms). I cannot complain ;)

Heh, the 1300 euros I paid for it are not an expense anymore. They've become an investment! :D

newby.204 wrote:
    Listen just because your firearm laws are way more lax than ours will EVER be , you dont have to rub our noses in it!!!!! LOL

Hehehehe:D
    Ironically lots of guys over here think they are being persecuted because they have to register their long-guns.:rolleyes:

Babble wrote:
    Hehehehe:D
    Ironically lots of guys over here think they are being persecuted because they have to register their long-guns.:rolleyes:

tell them about our laws and then maybe they'll see it a little different

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a Beretta A 303 in 12g used for rabbits.
    A CZ/Brno 452 Lux in .22wmr used for rabbits as well.
    Hopefully a .243 will follow this year for sika.
    I have decided that I am going to go back from the .22wmr to a .22lr which will be much better for ammo prices, I have also found that the magnum causes too much meat damage and is only really better than the .22lr out past 80 yards.
    I have found a friendly dealer in fermanagh who has a nice Anschutz in .22lr for the reasonable price of £175stg.

Advertisement