Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

burning vinyl

• 18-06-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just wonderin, does some company in Ireland or elsewhere burn records if you give them a cd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭matu

I have done it myself using Vinyl Rip
    http://www.ripvinyl.com/
    very useful and cheaper in the long run if you have a load of records that you want to backup;)
    it will also splits the tracks where there are silences so you have them track listed on the cd and not just one long sample.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

Thanks a million for the reply but I kinda didnt make my question clear! I meant is there a way to burn a record if you send an mp3! The end result being the record!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There is definitely some crowd that does it here, but its costs something like €30 each, and the records aren't as durable as normal ones. Just get CD decks!

oh right my bad.
    I have heard of companies in my area doing it but it is not the same quailty just as Zascar said.
    If I come across any on my travels Ill post them up for you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

The Raging Bull Bar used to do ripping in Cork when it was open so there is definetly someone in Cork doing it. Synthetic Records might know where it's happening, this is their number 021 4278282.

Getting a record pressed involves mastering and plating which has a setup cost of around €500, after which you can do test presses for about €10 each, or a full run of usually 500 or so records at about €1 each.

What you're looking for is actually called a dubplate, which usually cost about €50 each to get made up. It's not pressed, but actually cut on a lathe into an acetate plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JakeLuxor

From what Iv been told most people seem to go for the Czech Republic, it would seem there are some cheap companies operating out of there and from what Iv heard they do runs of as little as 500 copies, though Im sure there are others on this forum who are better informed than myself.
    As far as Im aware there are no companies in Ireland doing vinyl.

http://www.myspace.com/hybrasil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

Done a wee bit of googlein meself and from what I find the sound quality goes down a lot so I'd say I might as well stick to the cdjs! Lads thanks a million for your help!!

np yeah I read that too either the sound quailty is lost on it or they break to easily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement