Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband failure makes front page of SBP?

Options
  • 18-06-2006 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I usually get the Business Post on a Sunday but not today. But I saw someone walking by with one today and the main headline contained the term Broadband.

Can anyone expand on the detail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Gah, the one Sunday I don't buy it. They were on to me during the week about the usual stuff on MANs and so forth. Wonder what was so important it hit the front page. I notice their website has been frozen to last weeks news.

Seems it was about the MANs and e-net.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nice one Peter. Excellent coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

The link to Louise McBride's article "Broadband bill hits €120 million with little return" in the Sunday Business Post is here.
    And there is another article on the issue "E-net focus of Dail criticism".
    P.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Peter, were you actually at this committee meeting, or asked to comment on it afterwards?

I see McRedmond is still peddling mistruths. The SBP should be ashamed of themselves for not picking up on bullsh*t as blatant as Eircom's investments. They don't need someone like Peter or Damien to express an opinion on this, it's all their in black and white in their books.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hacketry

I was at the second half of that Comms committee in Ledinster House and it was a bit of a joke.

Although some very good questions were asked of Eircom, ComReg, and Noel Dempsey (I could smell some IOFFL pre-briefing) the TDs and senators didn't know their stuff well enough to realise that some of the answers they were getting were utter bunkum.

The only time the Chair (O'Flynn, FF, Cork I think) got forceful was in relation to ComReg complaining about churches broadcasting mass on frequencies dangerously close to aviation bands. He was also licking the ministers marbles instead of questioning him.

In a word, disapointing.

Advertisement