Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP SP2 Start-Up Errors

• 18-06-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

I was working in Photoshop when my laptop froze. I had no option but to hold the power button to force shutdown.

Now when I start-up I get about 20-30 errors popping up one after the other during the start-up process. The are all very similar and follow this format...

regsvr32.exe Error
    The instruction at "0x77dd778e" referenced memory at "0x77dd778e." The memory could not be written.

As well as regsvr32.exe, some others are...
    imapi.exe
    rundll32.exe
    userinit.exe
    wuauclt.exe
    ...all referencing the same memory.

I've absolutely no idea where to begin sorting this one out. I've ran Registry Mechanic, Spyware Doctor, and Norton Anti-Virus but no joy.

I should point out that these errors also pop up periodically when using the machine.

Anyone come across these errors before? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Solved!

Just for the record... I did a 'System Restore' back to a point 2 days ago and all is fine.

Not Solved :o :mad:

Errors returned again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

are you using any norton products ?, or windows blinds ?

Yes, both. I've got the full Norton Internet Security Suite 2005 and Stardock Central (Windows Blinds, ObjectDock, DesktopWidgets, etc..).

Any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A google search is telling me that you should disable/unload Windows Blinds and Norton and give it a try.

• Advertisement

Hey, thanks. Yes just did that (unloaded Windows Blinds only!) and all is fine. Now I'm faced with the option of reconfiguring Windows Blinds and seeing if I can get it to work again!

Advertisement