Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HIM "Heartagram"

• 18-06-2006 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

apart from the fact that they suck, their stupid symbol shouldnt be called a heartagram because literally translated, that just means a picture of a heart, if anybody involved with the naming of it actually had the tinyest bit of sense they would have called it a "Pentaheart", because its obviously a play on the word and symbol: Pentagram, which comes from the Greek words "Pente" meaning five and "Gramme" meaning a picture or symbol because its literally a picture with five points. "Pentaheart" would, although be terrible practice to make a compound word from two words of different languages, make alot more sense than "Heartagram" because a "Pentaheart" would be a heart with five points.

Or if we really want to get technical, it should be called a Kardiopentagram (heart shaped five pointed picture)

or a Pentakardioasteriogram (a five point heart star picture)

So now that people know what it really should be called, if i hear anyone say the word "Heartagram" anymore, theyre dead, cos theres no excuse now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Heartagram.

Seriously, do you think they give a shit? Heartagram sounds like Pentagram, but has a heart in it. You get it?! Its a play on words, hahaha. Wonderful.

Its works in pop culture, deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

Zillah wrote:
    Heartagram.

Seriously, do you think they give a shit? Heartagram sounds like Pentagram, but has a heart in it. You get it?! Its a play on words, hahaha. Wonderful.

Its works in pop culture, deal with it.
    yeah jeez its not like they called themselves "magnumforce".
    i mean, whats that all about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jesus Christ I hate that symbol so much.
    It hurts me to see friends wear it...even for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

moonboy wrote:

Magnumforce: The inherent kinetic energy of a icecream. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A .44 Magnum bullet weighs in at 15.55 grams. Common muzzle velocity is around 426 m/s. This works out to just under 1411 joules of kinetic energy. Given the bullet's size (.429 inches, or 1.09cm), total frontal area should be 0.9331cm2. Thus, the pressure would be 151,208.7 N/cm2, or 1,512 megaPascals.

No man could emulate the force of a magnum. Good day to you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

moonboy wrote:

We have some HIM fans in the house then. Its a film, with Clint Eastwood in it, part of The Dirty Harry series, and it makes sense Magnum= Biggest/Largest, therefore the phrase means Maximum Force, which makes perfect sense, its a double meaning because Clint Eastwood's caracture uses a 44 Magnum handgun in the films. Its quite a clever play on words actually, unlike the imaginative "Heartagram"
    Giblet wrote:
    No man could emulate the force of a magnum. Good day to you sir.

No, but i try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

We have some HIM fans in the house then. Its a film, with Clint Eastwood in it, part of The Dirty Harry series, and it makes sense Magnum= Biggest/Largest, therefore the phrase means Maximum Force, which makes perfect sense, its a double meaning because Clint Eastwood's caracture uses a 44 Magnum handgun in the films. Its quite a clever play on words actually, unlike the imaginative "Heartagram"
    !

bleh bleh i dont like HIM. i wonder why you bothered to start a thread over something so trivial.
    i also think magnum force sucks as a name. i know the film.
    youd have to be playing a specific type of music (tongue firmly in cheek music. i,e the darkness could be called magnum force) to pull off a name like that.
    bye from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Right, well I think this thread is going absolutely nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement