Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about military forum moderation

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

cast_iron wrote:
    I'm not sure it would have gotten this far if Hagar hadn't sent the 1st two pm's as he did - one a warning, then a ban without time for a response.

this is the point, few mods could possibly consider backtracking once a ban has been handed out, what is the deal with a warning and then a ban 20 mintues later? without a repeat of the offence?

if this is how it happened then obviously it was not a ban with a timely warning for a low count poster...

it looks 90% clear to me that this i what happened, even Hagar wasn't sure whether to ban him seeing as he changed his mind in that 20 minute period, so the possibilty that Hagar should have given shrink time to respond or time with the warning was a possibility.

no Ill get other mods come in and start having a go at me, he should have been asked to take a break for a which watch the forum not banned.

Mods are never wrong. Not even slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

this is the point, few mods could possibly consider backtracking once a ban has been handed out, what is the deal with a warning and then a ban 20 mintues later? without a repeat of the offence?

He should have banned first time (imho) but tbh it's not a big deal. At the end of the day the ban was well deserved and this is what matters. If the ban was borderline you'd have a good point but in this case it wasn't.

no Ill get other mods come in and start having a go at me

Mods are never wrong.

I don't think what you are saying deserves being flamed but I don't think you're looking at this situation in the correct light either. Hagar made the correct decision when he banned him, that he made the mistake of being overly generous with a warning and then corrected it afterwards is messy but tbh I don't really see a huge issue to fight over here. Skink deserved his ban, end of story.

If he didn't, yes you'd have a point, but you have spent this thread trying to pick tiny holes in what happened which serves to do nothing. We're not paid to do this, there is no legal system set up that we are forced to follow. So long as the forums keep working and the majority of the posters are happy then we're fulfilling our roles. Let's leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mods are never wrong. Not even slightly.

I was once but it was fixed within the 20 minute time period you mentioned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's simple really. I sent a warning via PM. Then I mulled over the posts again and again for the next 20 minutes and decided that the poster was not likely to respond well given his attitude so I banned him pending his response. His response was as I expected and he showed his attitude further in feedback.

Maybe I should have waited, maybe I should never have sent a warning just issued a ban. I did what I thought was right at the time. The ban is up tomorrow. Who would have thought that a deserved ban would be debated this long?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dont mind him he thinks he thinks everyone is out to get him on every mil forum he's on, not even his first ban from a mil forum ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This has been handled fine imho. Lostexpectation, its quite a rough job being a mod and you have to remember we are huamn too.
    Hagar did a text book job here imho.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement