Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Voice/Music to mp3

• 18-06-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I am looking for some recommendations on software for recording singing and music (guitar) onto pc and preferably to mp3. This is purely as a passtime and nothing professional (far from it !!). I have found a few egs like
    Audio Record Wizard
    Easy MP3 recorder etc
    as well as a few more

However I was hoping that someone here might be able to recommend one( I am only on dial up so I dont want to be downloading a lot of free trials)

Also a few of them seem to have recording time limits - Is this common

Finally, are there better pc microphones available for recording this type of thing?

Cheers and apologies if this has been covered before

Doh, just most of the answers by searching "Free audio software". Wouldnt mind any info on the microphone query if poss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

The best software i can think of is Wavelab by steinberg, wavelab lite whic i got on an old cuebase cd came in very helpfull, its got about 30 mp3 exports tho, another free one is fruity loops, might take a while to down load but unlimeted mp3 exports and its free, just cant save on the demmo. www.fruityloops.com, you could make backing tracks on it too, even creative have a program simeler to wave lab, you should ask a few people or visit a friend and download a zip file, onto cd then take it home,
    Best microphone for recording acoustic is a condenser mic, they usually have their own power supply, and some you will certainly need a mixing desk,
    then when you got all your stuff your gonna have so many other problems, but playing and singing at the same time that should do the trick,
    to get your own audio editing place theres computer music magazine, far from the best and it will leave you wanting more, but its got everything
    best of luck!

Advertisement