Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web design fees

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

all these people scoffing at charging a mere 800 euro for a brochure site are people who may build sites as a hobby but have no idea of the processes involved in delivering the site to a client.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

As an aside to this, pre-bubble pricing was crazy; I priced a glorified brochureware site (with a bit of WML and a simple CMS) at just over £145k back in 2000. And the client paid too.

Christ on a pogo stick that's some juice. How much do you think you'd be able to get for the same system now...out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Set a fair hourly rate (based on your skills and abilities) and charge by the hour. I think you need to break down, how long its going to take you to build out a 5 page brochure website, give your timeline to the client, and base your price on that.

I've been freelancing for seven years and it works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Christ on a pogo stick that's some juice. How much do you think you'd be able to get for the same system now...out of interest.
    You should be able to get the same thing for under €5k as there really wasn’t anything to it. I qualified it with should as much of the price was inflated on the basis that they were a high maintenance client - so much of the effort had nothing to do with Web development or design. As such, they'd probably still be paying at least €30k today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭matu

py2006 wrote:
    Your completely mad!

see Im not mad thanks The Corinthian, I have done research on this from different companies/designers around the country and this is what they charge.
    It is a market that most people dont know what the rates are but if you can deliver a good site and do it properly including how you present it to the customer all the way through the development then you can hit the jackpot.

just google it and you'll find plenty of people charging these prices from Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

You’re right there matt. The only problem is that the level of quality is not always up the standard you'd expect for your money. What was the name of that guy's site we looked at before? He was charging some load for the most horrid sites ever and yet he had a massive client base. It's crazy how some designers attract good business based on their portfolio!

Advertisement