Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liberals are Godless

Options
  • 18-06-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

from Ann Coulter's new book saying that liberals are Godless , one quote in her book made ppl go crazy ,it was about the 911 widows.

probably whats more disturbing is the book reached the bestseller list :eek:

"I've never seen people enjoy their husbands' deaths so much"

some of her other quotes

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.
    Ann Coulter

My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.
    Ann Coulter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ann Coulter is a shock jock nothing more.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

she'd be alright lookin if she ate a sandwhich or two once in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Ann Coulter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

The reason she makes such inciting statements is because she's a polemicist of which a polemic is the art or practice of inciting disputation or causing controversy, for example in religious, philosophical, or political matters. As such a polemic text on a topic is written specifically to dispute or refute a topic that is widely viewed to be a "sacred cow" or beyond reproach, in an effort to "stir up trouble".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

God she reminds me of shelly the republican (http://shelleytherepublican.blogspot.com/)

or P J O'Rourke only without the sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Most godless people are very nice...

• Advertisement

Yeah they like her a lot...the website is www.shelleytherepublican.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

An FBI agent, poses for a happy snap after smashing Al Qaeda’s Linux-powered DVD piracy operation in the deserts of Afghanistan, simultaneously depriving the terrorists of funds, and protecting the profits of American companies

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Chakar wrote:
    The reason she makes such inciting statements is because she's a polemicist
    I'm not convinced she is. She and other have made this "sacred cow" argument before, but to be honest it just doesn't wash.

Take her attack on the 911 widows. They are campaigning for real reform in homeland security. So where's the sacred cow to attack here? Is it the notion that the US is not secure? Is it the demands that they are making? As far as I'm aware, Coulter never actually seeks to argue against what the 911 widows campaign for. She's not actually looking to stir up debate on the issue that these women support at all....for as one critic of the book pointed out, there isn't a single point that these women are campaigning for that Coulter seeks to attack, refute or even question.

Even the (less often heard) claim that the widows themselves are the sacred cow is a joke. After all, how can you attack such people in the manner that Ms. Coulter did to bolster some claim that they are above attack. Its like claiming the Japenese mainland couldn't be attacked in WW2 and "proving" it by dropping Little Boy.

There is no cow. Instead, theres just this herring wearing a sign which reads "sacred cow". This herring....did I mention how suspicioutly red it is?
    in an effort to "stir up trouble".
    I don't think stirring up trouble is Coulter's aim. Its her means.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

mike65 wrote:
    Ann Coulter is a shock jock nothing more.

Mike.

Ann Coulter is a bigoted racist nut case, who knows she will make money, a lot of money, by being contriversal. As Mike65 said, she is a shock jock, she makes money out of shocking people. Thats her job.

Ignore her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Her target is a group called the Jersey widows and their crime was to criticise Bush and back Kerry. Because they've been on some tv shows some think their cashing in on tradgedy which is exactly what people like Coulter are doing. Their demands aren't very extreme and would actualy be supported by most Americans. Anyone who criticises Bush or his regieme has to be smeared somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

anyone hear anything more about how Ann was being charged for voter fraud?

bonkey wrote:
    I'm not convinced she is. She and other have made this "sacred cow" argument before, but to be honest it just doesn't wash.

Take her attack on the 911 widows. They are campaigning for real reform in homeland security. So where's the sacred cow to attack here? Is it the notion that the US is not secure? Is it the demands that they are making? As far as I'm aware, Coulter never actually seeks to argue against what the 911 widows campaign for. She's not actually looking to stir up debate on the issue that these women support at all....for as one critic of the book pointed out, there isn't a single point that these women are campaigning for that Coulter seeks to attack, refute or even question.

Even the (less often heard) claim that the widows themselves are the sacred cow is a joke. After all, how can you attack such people in the manner that Ms. Coulter did to bolster some claim that they are above attack. Its like claiming the Japenese mainland couldn't be attacked in WW2 and "proving" it by dropping Little Boy.

There is no cow. Instead, theres just this herring wearing a sign which reads "sacred cow". This herring....did I mention how suspicioutly red it is?

I don't think stirring up trouble is Coulter's aim. Its her means.

jc

I don't really know, I took the extract from the Wikipedia link to her.

Hobbes wrote:
    anyone hear anything more about how Ann was being charged for voter fraud?

Aside from her callnig the election officials syphilitic, you mean?

Not much new on it, tbh, but the below link is a pretty good summary of hte state of play.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nellie-b/ann-coulters-pattern-of-_b_22700.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Meh, she's a real world troll :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

:mad: :mad: Anne Coulter :mad: :mad:

The woman makes my blood boil. How can one person be so damn stupid and be taken so seriously. The fact that her book is actually selling shows the mentality of those buying it.

It is the type of american that says "We don't care if our debt is so high that China will own our grandkids, just as long as the queers can't marry" is the type of american that buys this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

"why do you all hate america?" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

it touched me in my special area without consent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

she was on newsnight with paxman last night,he destroyed her,she clearly sets out to be polemic devisive and infuriating and in america thats big business ,especially for right wing nut jobs,witness the sucess of rush limbaugh et al.

she was on newsnight with paxman last night,he destroyed her

There's a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

bonkey wrote:
    There's a surprise.

It's still delightful though. :D She seems to be a very vicious and hypocritical woman. I don't think she just tries to piss people off either. I think she believes what she says. Why is "liberalism" such a dirty word to her and others like her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Dudess wrote:
    I think she believes what she says.

She is in a great position for her own delussions because any attack on her is just another example of liberal hypocracy and bias. You can see in the Fox News extracts on YouTube where her and the Fox news presenter are going on and on about hypocracy by liberals and that they only attack her. This, in some fashion, invalidates any attack on her so by default she must be right

Its the kind sad state of affairs American politics is in at the moment. I blame the Ann Colters and in some cases the Michael Moores for abandoning calm headed debate and going straight for nonsense emotionalism and name calling. While I found Bowling.. interesting Moore lost me when he is placing a photo of a dead girl at Hestons gates, and Colter may have some good arguments burried deep deep down behind all that bile, but you aren't going to find them easily.

I think the biggest problem with Colter is that people don't know how to argue with her. A full frontal attack doesn't work, and only validates what she, and her supporters, already believe that people are out to get her because she is exposing hypocracy. The worst thing, from Colters point of view, would be for an American liberal to say "You know what, while I don't agree with the way you present your poinst, some of them are interesting, lets discuss this". I would imagine you would finally get her speechless.

Advertisement