Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Ruminations- NO SPOILERS!

• 18-06-2006 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Okay, I hope this will be a spoiler free thread. Here goes- I just want to see what other people think will happen in the new season of Stargate SG-1/ Atlantis. Please don't post spoilers here!
    My own thoughts: If you did not see what happned at the end of Stargate Atlantis, the Wraith are on their way to our galaxy, more specifically, Earth. So, how about when the Wraith jump to hyperspace, they reappear at the point whre the battle with the Ori is going on. The Wraith start fighting everyone in sight and some of them go through the super-gate, thus causing a big problem for the Ori in their home galaxy, one which might require their full attenton and stop the attack on our galaxy for the time being. With the amount of "good guys" ships at the super-gate, the remaining Wraith ships should be destroyed and we all live happily ever after... although I can't quite see how that will be stretched out to twenty episodes... unless of course there is a large amount of gravity generated by the super-gate, at which point time will run more slowly, but it would make the episodes very annoying to watch...
    Ouch this is a long post, sorry if I am annoying anyone. Post your ruminations below!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How can the wraiths go through an outgoing wormhole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I predict that Atlantis will go even further downhill.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Booooo! Not a popular one. Let's think positive here. Personally I'd say Atlantis will pick up quite a bit for season 3. I'd imagine that they will introduce another major plot angle, possibly another enemy, although I suppose we did have the Geni already - some of those episodes were quite good. Sheppard could do with a new acting method instead of that *confused & slowly turn head* look however.

As for SG-1 not really sure what's gonna happen there. Personally I'd like to see them revist some of the older episode arcs that were left open. Like the Tolan (we never did have conclusive proof of their demise!).

All in all I am looking forward to the Seasons 3 and 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Maybe, but if they come up with new stroy lines other "than the wraith are coming, the wraith are coming", it might pick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Agree i am looking forward to both.

Heres what i think.

SG Atlantis the wraith are on there way to Earth why would they need to stop near the supergate? In the new seasons there will finally be some detailed cross over between Sg-1 and Atlantis.

How will earth be able to distroy the wraith with only one Ship (the Russian one is the only one near to earth that has so far survived the Ori attack) and stop the Ori ships from also going to Earth to convert the people. The Jaffa ships are even less effective against Ori ships. Asgard are getting involved now. The Tok'ra etc.

:) Good Guys :)

Earth
    Free Jaffa Nation
    Tok'ra
    Galactic Mob (can't remeber the correct name)
    Even BALL

:( Bad Guys :(

Ori
    Wraith
    BALL (Still a Goa'uld)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

cyberwit wrote:
    Galactic Mob (can't remeber the correct name)

I think they are called the Lucian Alliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The Tok'Ra are all but wiped out, I cant see them helping much against the Ori, however I'd like to see Baal having a shot at the Ori. As for why would the Wraith stop off at the Supergate, remember that Wraith ships have to leave hyperspace regularly and sort of 'leap frog' rather than the constant journey the Azgard/goa'uld/Human ships do, granted the realistic chances of them coming out exactly on the supergate is 1 in many many million, but still, its Stargate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Pugsley wrote:
    The Tok'Ra are all but wiped out, I cant see them helping much against the Ori, however I'd like to see Baal having a shot at the Ori. As for why would the Wraith stop off at the Supergate, remember that Wraith ships have to leave hyperspace regularly and sort of 'leap frog' rather than the constant journey the Azgard/goa'uld/Human ships do, granted the realistic chances of them coming out exactly on the supergate is 1 in many many million, but still, its Stargate :D

Correct me if i am wrong but the hyper engines used by the wraith mentioned above can't go to other galaxies like the human ships thats why there was a wraith in status with Ancients on episode Aurora to get the ancients to design a new engine powerfull enough to get to another galaxy. So from the last episode the wraith will not go to our galaxy straight away they will need time to retrofit there ships maybe thats why they need McKay. I could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 durandal

Hopefully they don't just fall back on some ridiculous deus ex machina like one of the unseen galactic alliance races. Although you could nearly bet your house that the device that can destroy the o'ri will be used via the help of the ascended beings of the Earth galaxy as contacted by Daniel Jackson, needing a moment of Carter magic to make it work. Meanwhile Teal'c continues to twiddle his thumbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

All good little ideas of what might happen, but when is the actual series starting again so we can actually find out what will happen???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Evd-Burner wrote:
    All good little ideas of what might happen, but when is the actual series starting again so we can actually find out what will happen???
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054941500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I always wanted to see the knox brought back into the fold.
    Maybe they can help with the ori but i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I hope the Furlings show up :)

delta36 wrote:
    Maybe, but if they come up with new stroy lines other "than the wraith are coming, the wraith are coming", it might pick up

Well, that's what bugs me.
    The first series of Atlantis was some of the best sci-fi I've ever seen.
    The entire season was one big arc and it was a well told story of encountering the Wraith-the Wraith are coming-the Wraith are here. But the second the Wraith bought the 'fake self destruct' rouse, they just sank...from the invincibl enemy that defeated the Ancients, to just another bad guy.
    They were an amazing enemy, now they're pathetic.

I'm all for other storylines but most of the ones they thought up in series two totally contradicted their writings of the Wraiths dominance in the galaxy.

Also, if you want new enemies....then you will be dissapointed with season 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Daniel gets laser eye treatment, mitchell gets aids, carter loses all her t-shirts/bras/jumpers/anything that covers her boobs, teal'c changes his name to Pimp Master Teal'c and opens up a Jaffa Brothel "Kree Bitch! wheres my money?" and Jack returns liek the Jedi he is!!!

Ahh but seriosuly, more of the same from SG1 tbh, its revived the show a lot, made it fresh and new. Atlantis needs to get a proper storyline, its gettign quite boring all this ****e about "OH NOES!!!111!!1, the Wraith might possibly find us, and through us find.............EARTH (DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN)"

same old BS from Atlantis, thet need to get their act together, or they'll have a very short life expectancy.

They should have stuck with the Wraith threat.
    And their sole goal being to stop the Wraith getting Atlantis.

Just a thought re destroying the super gate. How hard would it have been to chuck a rope around it and drag it into the nearest sun before the Ori dialed in? Or how about just bringing it to the nearest sun and turning it so that it faces the sun, so that anything that comes out of it would have gotten fried?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Always been a si-fi junky so i'm going to watch all the episodes as soon as i can. Thought i'd point that out before i poke some fun at theese slighty jaded shows. My connection is really laggy today so i have lots of time and bordom to get rid of.

Atlantis
    They will keep giving more dilogue to the fat scientist guy as he seems to be the most popular character in the show. He will also keep getting thinner due to the fact he will be making alot more money.
    The wraith will stay stuck in the same trap ever hi tech race in every si-fi falls into they will never learn how to produce automatic beam weapons , instead they will equipe all their troops with the equivelent of bolt action rifles that are really inacurate. The wraith grunt troops will stick with their tried and trusted method of running at their foes like noob's or standing stilll in a wide open area using the the arrow keys to aim because they havent discovered how they can use the mouse. Sticking with SG rules they will fail to realise that all the body armour and helmets they equip their troops with fail to provide any sort of protection from kenitic energy weapons and simply hinder their mobility and vision.

Stargate
    Well since the ori can have shields that can absorb all energy (even missles) and convert it into even more shielding which pretty much makes the chances of stopping them exactly 999,901 to 1. The team are going to sneak abord the ships which are crewed by technological idiots,(theese guys work on farms and dont know how to use computers) who will have a single leader one of thoose preacher guy's who's about as mentally stable as someone who thinks their a God. Reminds me of another enemy SG used to have. The team gets captured, making the odds of success exactly 1 million to 1 (which means the ori are buggered) gets put in cell, carter does something with the control crystals in their cell, (she must be really smart to figure out how to open an ailen jail cell from the inside by playing with the light switch) they escape, they get their equipment back, overload the engines/reactor/power source/Plant big bomb, massive explosion destroy's all the ships. you think their all dead, turns out the shields dropped just before explosion and they got beamed off by a ship you did not even know was their. Turn out to be the enterprise which is suing them for stealing their idea of last second beam outs.
    Just one more thing that has bugged me about this show is for a long time is daniel jackson he is usually only ever carrying a 9mm pistol wtf. Thats got to be against the rules, thats supposed to be your backup gun right. Even if he is carrying a p90 he gets rid of it as soon as he can. Jack has been seen using a belt fed machine guns, auto shotguns grenades, claymor's just about anything that can be fired or exploded. Tilk.. well for an episode their he was using a gun, scratch that, a cannon that was designed to be mounted on a ship so i can't really complain their. Carter........ she blew up a sun. I think Daniel has a sort of james bond fixation he annoys me always holding the other back, "no dont shoot them it's probally just a misunderstanding" "maybe shooting at us is a form of greeting" i wish he would just die and stay dead this time. You know who would be a perfect match for him................. go on guess.............................................. Buffy. Think about it, she could be his modern fiesty fighting bond girl. They have lots in common, both spend ages reading dry old books, nither of them can tell anyone about their work (unless they really really want to), all her enemies are idots to, Few vampires with uzi's + Buffy = buffy showing up dead in the ER from multiple gun shot wounds. But they never figure that out even when she got shot by one little bullet and nearly died, she also still lives with her parents(well parent) and they both die all the time. It a match made in marketing heaven.

Sigh... even though moan i'm still going to watch all the episodes it will help take the edge off till Battlestar season 3 is out. I'm such a junky.

End rant

Bravo. Of course, it's impossible to kill any one on SG-1 permantly. They have all been killed at least once.

Advertisement