Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XDA Exec from O2

• 18-06-2006 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

Has anyone had confrimation on the release date for the New XDA Exec.
    and if so, what can we expect to pay for it.

Thanks

Silverski

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wirelessdude1

last i heard was sometime in mid to late july but no word yet on pricing...have the k-jam myself(unbranded xda mini s and it's a great device)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

mid sept according to shop in midlands.I have tested both the exec and k-jam and both are outstanding devices.the k-jam is slightly ahead for practicality due to its nice size.I did not want to give them back!!....the wifi thru my home router is brilliant!

Both can be bought here but they are very expensive without the network providers subsidy.Pm if you need details

Anyway,if you can wait then it seems O2 are currently testing these as well as a palm device with a view to launch towards Sept and in time for Xmas market.

eirlink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wirelessdude1

we have been told that the mini s will be approved on friday along with the xda IQ...so if they should be 2-3 weeks before supply is available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

What kinda prices will they be asking for mini s and iq,i know the exec would be ?600 cos there a ?1000 for the i-mate version on expansys!Would be interested in a mini s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

A girl I know in O2 tells me we're looking at in and around 400 for the mini-s and that it should be available by the end of June-mid July.
    I went into the store in Blackrock to ask about them and they didnt seem to have a breeze tho, they took my name and said theyll call when they are available....
    Personally I cant wait they look savage. The exec is nice but its let down by its wifi standards, thats my main reason for wanting the mini s.
    Cant wait to get Skype and allTunes running on it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The XDA Mini is €400 in Ireland, and £50 in the Uk (Where I got mine) What a ****ing rip off Ireland truely is!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Just bought one there migrating from XDA IIs a great phone but wanted Windows Mobile 5, so will give a review when I get my hands on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

Lump wrote:
    The XDA Mini is €400 in Ireland, and £50 in the Uk (Where I got mine) What a ****ing rip off Ireland truely is!!!!!
    Are you using yours here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

O2 uk phones work here cos you can put a irish o2 sim into it,pretty handy!Could you get it unlocked here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

we have been told that the mini s will be approved on friday along with the xda IQ...so if they should be 2-3 weeks before supply is available
    Who are you? Where does your info come from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Best of my knowledge both the mini and exec are actually still going through the very final stages of testing. They've been put in o2 retail mags so they shouldn't be too far off. There's not much point in asking O2 retail staff when phones are coming in in advance, they aren't told til pretty much the last minute, believe it or no!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

How did you guys source the Phones in the UK.

On the o2.co.uk web site, the XDA Exec starts at £149.99
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handset/ViewHandset.do
    and can be source for free in some of the retail shop depending on the tarriff that you choose.
    Its unlikely that the same would apply here.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

SDooM wrote:
    Best of my knowledge both the mini and exec are actually still going through the very final stages of testing. They've been put in o2 retail mags so they shouldn't be too far off. There's not much point in asking O2 retail staff when phones are coming in in advance, they aren't told til pretty much the last minute, believe it or no!

ill bet the o2 test team are reluctant to give these back.i know i was!

Got word from O2 today that the Exec will be available to purchase from next week and can be preordered as of to-day.

Price has yet to finalised..... :(

How can I source one from the UK at a good price..... Only price that I found so far was about €700.00 :(:(

Regards
    Silverski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Im very interested in the exec myself. Id say it will be some price alright.

Just a quick note,

There are a number of XDA Exec avail on Ebay.co.uk at the moment, many of them are unwanted upgrades. A number of retailers in the UK are giving out as free upgrades........
    I fear that will not happen with O2 here...

Are you using yours here?

I live in London, but my XDA is cross network. So yes I can use it in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How do you guys find it to use?

I was tempted to get it but I found it too big to use as an every day phone. I even found the mini s a bit too thick. Went with the XDA Neo instead, haven't regretted it since. Fit's nice in the pocket and does what I need. Only thing is not having a keyboard but I don't find this a problem, transcriber is great!

Greetings Jester77,

Where did you source the Neo and what was the cost..

Thanks
    Silverski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

silverski wrote:
    Greetings Jester77,

Where did you source the Neo and what was the cost..

Thanks
    Silverski

I live in Germany so got it here on contract for €119 from www.mobilejoker.de If you look at ebay.de there are some to be had, alot of people extend their contract and sell the phone. They usually go for around €300. Comes with German OS so you need to flash it but that's not much of an issue!
    They now have a white version of it that I think looks awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I'm on the winning bid on ebay for €250. Should I go with it or do people think i can get it cheaper?

I seriously wouldn't pay €250, I don't think it's worth that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Sorry ment to say this is for the Mini S rather then the exec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

jester77 wrote:
    How do you guys find it to use?

I was tempted to get it but I found it too big to use as an every day phone. I even found the mini s a bit too thick. Went with the XDA Neo instead, haven't regretted it since. Fit's nice in the pocket and does what I need. Only thing is not having a keyboard but I don't find this a problem, transcriber is great!

I bought the iMate Jasjar when it first came out, did originally use it as a phone, but I agree it is a little too large as an everyday phone. What it is great for is as a mini laptop, remote desktop to clients, push etc, plus from the 1st of July Vodafone Ireland are launching their unlimited (actually 5gb fair use) 3g data plan for €40.50 plus VAT per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I sold my N70 and got an XDA Mini for the price. Great little phone. Granted, I am not using it as my main phone as I got a cheap V3 for something that's easier on the pocket, but for what I want it for (Wi-fi, Excel, Word), it's really handy.

timeout wrote:
    Sorry ment to say this is for the Mini S rather then the exec.

My comment still stands.

Advertisement