Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH @ Project Arts Ctr

Options
  • 18-06-2006 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey all - just wanted to so spread some summer joy! HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH returns to Dublin at the Project Arts Centre, from 4th July - 15th July 2006. Hope to see y'all there!

Making Strange Theatre Company Presents
    HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH
    By John Cameron Mitchell & Stephen Trask

5 - 15 July, 8pm
    Tickets: €14/18
    Preview 4 July, €14
    Bookings on (+353 1) 881 9613/14

Some electric pink nail polish, a Farrah Fawcett wig, one trashy rock band, and an East German transsexual; just another night at the theatre, right? Think again!

Inspired by Plato's Symposium, Hedwig tells the story of the 'internationally ignored song stylist' Hedwig Schmidt, the victim of a gruesomely botched sex-change operation. Told in the form of a sleazy lounge act and backed by the live band 'The Angry Inch', Hedwig is the cult phenomenon that rocked Dublin and left audiences begging for more.

Unflinchingly original, brutally honest, and strangely addictive, Hedwig is the spectacular love story that ''[knocked] the socks off New York theatre-goers with a much needed jolt of twisted pathos and wigged-out histrionics'' - The Advocate

Director: Erin Murray
    Cast: Joe Roch, Megan Riordan
    Band: This Kid's Disco

"Joe Roch is splendid as Hedwig, and Megan Riordan is brilliant as a tip-of-the-iceberg Yitzhak" - Irish Times

"…Electrifies this business we call show with the power of transformation and the inarguable politics of sheer fabulousness." - irish theatre magazine

Winner, Best Spiegeltent Show, Dublin Fringe Festival 2005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well I'll be buying my tickets tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Having caught this in the Focus last year I highly recommend seeing this production, Megan Riordan is something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Heard the music from the film (i think) a while ago, and it sounded great. Punk Rocky Horror anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 making strange

Our website is finall up (for the most part)! www.makingstrange.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I MUST see this show! MUST. I saw it last year, BRILLIANT is all I can say. Hedwig is one of my favourite musicals, I was so hoping to see it again, I was devastated at missing it during the Fringe Festival last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

T'was excellent last year, I'm so glad it's on again! :D
    xm

I saw the billboard posters in Irishtown town the other day. :)
    xm

What are the odds of it selling out on the last night?

Ok they're probably very high, but how quickly do you think they'd sell out? a big group of us want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jack nance hair

Apparently tickets are nearly sold out for this Saturday, so there is a good chance that they will eventually sell out for the following Saturday. Your best bet is to get the tickets ordered as early as possible. Do get to it though! I saw it on Wednesday and it's pretty amazing.

Argh - it was so brilliant! And I was thrilled to see such a great turnout. God I wish I could go again tonight. :(
    Fair doors to everyone involved. I remember being worried about going last year, 'cos I had never seen the stage production before, and it's my favourite film. But they certainly did it justice. Really hope they do it again next year. Or next month. :D
    xm

• Advertisement

I was so glad about the crowd too, I loved the new set, they could do so much more with the space than they could in the focus because it's so tiny. I loved the car on stage. Myself and my friend decided seeing as last year when Yitzak sang "lift up your hands" no one lifted up their hands that this year we would, so we did, and pretty soon the whole audience did too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I really liked it, I'd never seen a stage production of it before, only the film. Very funny, very...fun.

Piste wrote:
    I was so glad about the crowd too, I loved the new set, they could do so much more with the space than they could in the focus because it's so tiny. I loved the car on stage. Myself and my friend decided seeing as last year when Yitzak sang "lift up your hands" no one lifted up their hands that this year we would, so we did, and pretty soon the whole audience did too :D

Haha, were you sitting on the left hand side of the stage?
    I shyly lifted up my hands when I saw people over there doing it. :D
    xm

Advertisement