Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

• 18-06-2006 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Well, I've just obtained it. When first playing it I wasn't too sure about it, but after looping it a few times it has definately grown on me. But I still have room to criticize.

If anyone was getting a taste of some new songs from bootlegs of their US tour a couple of years ago, you've probably already heard half of the songs on the album. But you'll also probably find that the way they were playing the new songs then is a lot better than what they've finalised on this record. On more than anything this applies to the drums.

Other than that the only thing I can find wrong with it is Matt's new guitars sound like crap.

Otherwise the album is great. It's got lots of funky grooves in it, a nice cheesy ballad, and lots of Flamenco and Texmex influence towards the end.
    I'm addicted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I would be of the total opposite to you, i have heard it 20 times now and nothing has grown on me :(

There isnt one song i can say "yeah thats Muse" just doesnt sound right to me, loved the previous 2 albums but this just doesnt sound right.

Music she can dance to me arse :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'd agree with guy#1, its growing on me. When I first heard it I wasn't sure what was going on though. it just takes time thats all. I like a lot of the songs on this particularly eco-politics. Its classic muse if you really give it a listen. You never know what to expect with matts songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

http://www.myspace.com/muse

just been listening to it. It's always nice to have something new to listen to and I'm enjoying it that way, but it is a little less than the Muse we've known. Still, they are always a pleasure to experience. (and somehow at this hour of the day its appropriate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    been trying to figure that one out myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

look at the last few posts on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51627664#post51627664

the album officially got released today in japan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

dimerocks wrote:
    been trying to figure that one out myself.
    As far as i know, they'll be back on the site, its something got to do with a presale on the muse site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

listened to it a couple of times on their myspace, it's quite good.

starlight and map of the problematique are my favourites so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Ya I bought it in Tokyo yesterday. The album art is classy and I also get the bonus track over here, 'Glorious', which is nice for once.

I think its a good album so far, love the opener 'Take a Bow' and also the rockin' 'Assassin'.

have been listening to it at myspace all day too. woke the daughter (big muse fan 11) up with it at seven this morning and she went to school with great big smile on her face. Starlight and Knights of cydonia standing out at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think it's horrible. This is a over-produced horribleness! Except for the princeyness Super Massive Black Hole of course.

no ones gonna take me alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Just listening to this on MySpace.. doesn't sound like Muse but it doesn't sound bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Giblet wrote:
    I think it's horrible. This is a over-produced horribleness! Except for the princeyness Super Massive Black Hole of course.

I dont think its over-produced. I think it gets the balance right. The added electronics and effects add a lot more to the album. It certainly isnt your run-of-the-mill rock effort, and it stands out because of it.

Muse have always been pushing the envelope and this is yet another foray into the relative unknown. Personally I love it, but I think my liking of electronic music might help me to like it straight off. For many I think it will take time to grow on them but theres some great songs in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I love it!
    Map Of The Problematique wouldn't sound out of place at a regular club or disco, City Of Delusion had trumpets on it - and it works! Starlight hit me as a great song straight away. Take A Bow is very synth-y also, and obviously aimed at either Blair or Bush. Knights of Cydonia is just incredible and has a great riff at the end.
    Overall very original, very good and I'm dead impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yup, its very good

exo-politics, assassin, and knights of cydonia ftw

have they taken it off their MySpace? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup it's out tomorrow.

they've left up "supermassive black hole" and "knights of cydonia"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

its not a bad album, just not outstanding. starlight has to be the highlight and knights of cydonia is the citizen erased of this album. both are gonna sound great live. map of the problematique and exo polotics are excellent too.

in summary i think the good songs are great but the bad ones are really bad. there doesnt seem to be middle ground.

dyin for the gig though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Xavi6 wrote:
    its not a bad album, just not outstanding. starlight has to be the highlight and knights of cydonia is the citizen erased of this album. both are gonna sound great live.
    Incase you didnt know you can download them all here: http://www.muse-download.com/

has mp3s and avis of them playing in France and "La Carnivale" i think it's called. The presenter is sh*t hot too. Knights of Cydonia is so damn good live.

• Advertisement

tickets were meant to go on sale yesterday? what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Exo-politics....great song. As are Knights of Cydonia and many others. A good album methinks. Exo-politics would possibly be my favourite song from the album and it'd be up there with my all-time favoutrite muse songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

listening to the album tonight and i think it is fantastic

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

bleh, i prefer embrace and coldplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coldplay???? I'm not into modern music as I'm ancient but at least Muse know how to rock (man!)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bleh, i prefer embrace and coldplay

personal choice is a great thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

grumble damn thing played it over and over for about a week starting to really like it now.....was lack of stockholm syndrome type song that annoyed me but it does get better after a lot of listens......

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Ha take it dude. I know the feeling, the first time I heard Supermassive I was thinking "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" but I love it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

It's one of those albums that you really have to listen to it alot in order to get into it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Like someone said earlier, I think its an album thats split evenly between very, very good and poor songs; there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. Still, better than Absolution anyway.

Advertisement