Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Keyed in Rathmines on Sat Night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Max_Damage wrote:
    Sorry to hear about that man, same thing happened to me as well. Some fcuker keyed the passenger side of my car a while back. If I ever got my hands on them, I'd key their goddamn face:mad:

Well the current plan if I catch them is to key them to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Seems reasonable considering at 1000, prices are done per panel. apparantly theres a reasonable perfectionist in sandyford industrial estate comes highly recommended on boards, cant remeber the name though. wont be any cheaper though.
    consider claiming on your insurance. do the sums using online insurance quotes what effect it will have loosing your bonus. also many companies like axa do a step back bonus where u loose 2 years. so if u have 5 ul be down to 3 etc so its not too bad at all.

ballooba wrote:
    Well the current plan if I catch them is to key them to death.
    i dont blame u, ur jazz blue is/was lovely .there are numerous tire slashings there also in that area. moral is dont park there again. problem is scumbags are everywhere:mad:

Well i have actually only been driving since October so I would only lose 1 years bonus (i.e. i wouldn't get it in Sept). If I claim do i get to pick where I get it fixed?

ballooba wrote:
    Well i have actually only been driving since October so I would only lose 1 years bonus (i.e. i wouldn't get it in Sept). If I claim do i get to pick where I get it fixed?
    if u get an estimate from a specific garage, thely negotiate only with that garage and pay them directly. gone are the days of getting a main dealer quote for 3 times that, and getting it fixed elsewhere.
    u would not only lose the bonus, u would have to mention u had a claim of that amount. i think if the claim is more than a certain amount i think 2200 euro then the premium rockets. keep it under 1500 and ul b ok certainly with axa anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I used to live in Rathmines and my car got keyed 3 times over a 2 month period. Parked outside my hosue, someone had it in for me. No idea why. First was 3 little scrapes on bonnet, door and rear, then a few weeks alter 3 larger scrapes in same places, and then they just did one massive line from front to back.
    I too nearlt cried. Was soo pissed off, my car was my pride and joy, I kind of lost interest after that, couldn;t justify the cost of getting it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Flangemonger

Sorry for your troubles mate. Keying damage is nothing that a couple of good fatal beatings can't fix.... :mad:

If your car has metallic paint you could be in for an expensive time if you're insistent on an invisible repair. Metallics are a complete bugger to match, you usually have to spray the entire affected panel in my experience. Luckily for Undercoverguy, his Punto had flat paint (or at least it looks flat in the pics to my old tired eyes :rolleyes: ).

My heart goes out to you, I'm thinking of buying an old Porsche and the thought of little fcuks keying it has been foremost in my mind. If I had any need to be in Dublin more than once a year there's no way I'd even consider it.

Your stories just serve to remind me how very glad I am to have got out of that sh1th0le of a city... that and listening to the traffic reports every morning/evening.

You just have to believe in karma - that what goes around comes around to those little fcukers. Otherwise a body could go insane from the injustice of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah that písses me off... you can't have anything nice in this city without little shíts coming along and spoiling it.
    I like to think I appreciate a nice looking car, but there's no way I'd get one for every day use around the city... better off just going around in some shítheap banger that nobody would be bothered keying/breaking into/stealing.
    I've learned my lesson with bicycles over the years... just get the shíttest, most in-bits bike you can find... so that way, when you get clothes-lined off it and almost killed hitting your head on the curb (true story unfortunately), you know they've only gotten away with a crap bike.
    It fúcking sickens me, but that's how life here has made me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

ballooba wrote:
    How did the colour matching go? Would you notice?

Colour matching was perfect! If anything it was too good! That side of the car looks brand new (as with any spray job) so as a result the rest of the car looks..... eh,not duller... but older or something.
    But i left if in for a proper waxing job in Cork and now i'd never notice it in a million years!

If ya really really wanted it to be TOTALLY 100% unnoticeable then they do colour restoration too for the rest of the car but to be honest there would be no need for it.

Car Craft.... HIGHLY RECOMENDED!
    You wont find a better job for the same price cos there work is perfect!
    Talk to Shane i'm pretty sure he owns the place, its who i delt with anyway.

Yeah. I'm booked in with CarCraft for Wednesday next.

I went for two quotes today.

Hopkins and Lockhart were €830. They're good guys but I saw a job they did on the local tyre guy's classic car and I didn't like it.

Ever Ready on Baggot Lane were €2300.

Can you say chancer..? practically the first word out of the guys mouth was insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Howd the repair go? I DEMAND PICTURES LOL

I'm informed that it's in the spray booth at the moment.

I'm collecting after work tomorrow and will try and stick photos up.

As promised: http://spraoi.ie/CAR/repaired

White stuff is rubbing compound. Have to wash it tomorrow. Looks good, only there was damage to some panels which I didn't get resprayed, kind of regret not getting them done.

Will have a go at rubbing them out and there is a bit under the left headlamp that needs filling. The Scrapes are impossible to even see where they were now.

Advertisement