Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moto e770v

• 19-06-2006 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

hi
    i got a second hand one of these phones yesterday but i broke the sd card holder off(micro sd) the hinge came off too so i cant put it back on #

so i taped the sd card in didnt work
    i was talking to the lad today and he sait it clips in so i took a look and couldnt find a microswitch on it so i said might it be that those four metal bits on each corner(cant describe it better) have to bridge to make it think its clicked in and he said ya so im wondering can i put a small bit of tinfoil in on top of the tape or would it short something and kill the phone and is that how the phone detects its closed or would it be something else someone knows
    all help greatly appreciated
    thanks
    sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hi mate i kind of know what your trying to explain it happened to me the whole small door came off but I managed to clip it back on , there should be raised hinges either side and if you put one side on first then very gently put the other side on slightly bending the door just a millimeter over the other side it should hook in but you need very steady hands and patience!!! If however the hinges are broken then I think your stuck. Maybe try a piece of folded up paper between the SD card and then put the battery in just enough to push the paper tight between the SD card and the battery.

Hope I made some sense !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

you did yep and its broken yes and i lost the door im a right tool might try what you said its worth a try at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

bump

Advertisement