Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2 years come and gone

• 19-06-2006 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I'm moving back to Seattle in about 5 days. And for those of you who havent seen my few posts

I'm American, I'm 17, I went to Wesley college in Dublin in Ballinteer. I did 4th and 5th year.

In the end, Expelled for dying my hair pink on the last day among other things, inclusive of arguing with teachers (using logic) and finally cracking under stress yelling at my chemistry teacher because it was two days before exams and we were still learning new matierial.

Nuff said, as soon as exams were done, I started writing a little paper, it was just something I did for fun. Before I link you all to it I need to make a few thingsclear
    1.I didn't write this to promote "Americanisms" I wrote it to promote what in my opinion is "Smart" feel free to disagree, I'm not arrogant (something I learned in Ireland, Humility)

2.My opinions of ireland are a bit biased and unfair because Wesley College turned me off so badly to Ireland. So if I offend anyone in this paper I am sorry.

3.Feel free to comment on the blog, but leave it to constructive crit. not "u r a fag u yank"

4. I have the privlege of having an opinion, I've lived, worked, eaten, and breathed the same air as everyone here for two years, I've experienced the same troubles as everyone (and then some being a foreigner)

5.I am not antisocial, I am not a goth, I am not a wrist cutting emo who is whining and making excuses.

6.I am not trying to inflict change, I am trying to make people realise that Wesley college isn't as prestigious as believed.

7. I am fine with drinking, I am NOT fine with the first question being asked upon monday morning "rite wez did u get pissed this weekend" before a "Hi"

Just in general, I'm a nice guy, this is my interpretation and idea for a fix of wesley college. Please keep all retarded comments to yourself....I didn't write this to spite anyone.

www.harboggles.com

"The Wesley College report"

Email/MSN Wesley.harbaugh (at) Gmail.com

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*crashes an airplane into the thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

4.I've lived, worked, eaten, and breathed the same air as everyone here for two years, I've experienced the same troubles as everyone (and then some being a foreigner)

Get over yourself,I very much doubt you have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Orionetheus

Mordeth wrote:

Un necessary, but funny ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Anto McC wrote:

I concur :D

Anto McC wrote:

Have you been taken and beaten senseless for being your nationality?

Have you spent two years in redundancy?

Have you ruined your education?

This post isn't about the post, it's about the link at the bottom. www.harboggles.com

read the "report" I wrote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Many Irish people find schools here to be just as bad, if it's any consolation! I did, anyway!

:D

sorry to hear you had a crap time in Ireland. feckin dubliners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Mordeth wrote:

Not v funny tbh

simu wrote:
    Many Irish people find schools here to be just as bad, if it's any consolation! I did, anyway!

Oh I know, but I've made enemies because "America thinks their education system is so great"

I never said that, I may think in my opinion it is but it doesnt mean it is...

Seattle's schools are excellent though, IMO.

The only people I've made friends with here are the people who agree with me in that sense or on some level make the same conclusion..

Heyes wrote:
    Not v funny tbh

well I disagree, and more importantly.. jesus loves me

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:

It's not so much dubliners, it's SOUTHSIDERS.

As I say in my writing piece (which no one seems to have read yet)

I've met more sound people on the NS than on the SS.

SS tend to be vain, arrogant, morally bankrupt, and stupid little clones of each other...(ever been to the Dundrum Shopping Centre on a Saturday afternoon?) Clones upon clones of little "d4" groups...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

R0ot wrote:
    I concur :D
    Seconded... No, wait... Should that be thirded?

Or, I suppose, fourthed, if you count Mordeth as well...

Either way, a remarkably self-important and pompous piece of drivel.

Don't worry though, we get lots of those on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Really think you should look at the big picture... Assholes permeate any institution and I know this... seen them throw eggs at the other team at rugby matches and had thoughts similar to yours.

Don't think attending this school makes you a rocket-scientist on how to change anything should allow you to propose changes - seriously - get over yourself dude!

"School is ****" is a universal truth the Buddha somehow missed!

I read part of it...\

it was long though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh I know, but I've made enemies because "America thinks their education system is so great"

I never said that, I may think in my opinion it is but it doesnt mean it is...

Seattle's schools are excellent though, IMO.

The only people I've made friends with here are the people who agree with me in that sense or on some level make the same conclusion..

Yeah, went to school in US briefly. I think it varies greatly in different areas but I did find my American school was way less obsessed with pointless rules and control-freakery than Irish ones and they provided psychological support for people with problems rather than just branding them as troublemakers as I've seen happen here. The courses were waaaay easier, though, but of course, I loved that at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Read your post and agree with a lot of what you say.

The problem is by no means unique to you or that one school though, it's the same everywhere. You've just got to make the most of it.

Have you been taken and beaten senseless for being your nationality?

No i've been beaten senseless for no reason other than i was in the wrong place at the wrong time.............Twice!
    Have you spent two years in redundancy?

Funny you say that,i spent my first 2 years after school unemployed and i've never felt as worthless in my life as i did in them 2 years
    Have you ruined your education?

Even i wasnt stupid enough to do that but the education i have,hasnt exactly brought all it promised.Anyway you've just admitted that you ruined it yourself,it was your own fault so you'll get f*ck all sympathy from me!

SebtheBum wrote:
    Seconded... No, wait... Should that be thirded?

Or, I suppose, fourthed, if you count Mordeth as well...

Either way, a remarkably self-important and pompous piece of drivel.

Don't worry though, we get lots of those on this site.

These are the kinds of posts that continue to prove a point that I'm not going to state because I don't enjoy stereotyping.

Read the ****ing paper, it is written OBJECTIVELY. It is not written IN MY INTERESTS (im not in the school anymore hence nothing in that school interests me).

You're being as dumb as a southern american(er) you are taking something at face value and not analysing the actual content, it's people like you (were you american) who would support the initial effort for the war in Iraq.

Sorry to offend if I did.......but extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

SS tend to be vain, arrogant, morally bankrupt, and stupid little clones of each other.

Please don't hesitate to think that there are people living on the northside that are like this. You get assholes everywhere, Seattle aswell no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Mordeth wrote:

I resent that. They're not Dubliners, they're southsiders.

• Advertisement

]cation i have,hasnt exactly brought all it promised.Anyway you've just admitted that you ruined it yourself,it was your own fault so you'll get f*ck all sympathy from me![/QUOTE]

My coming to Ireland ruined my education or at the least (I should have said this upfront) put it in an extremely awkward position (rock and a hardplace?) . There's not enough work. Ever read an essay from a kid around Dublin? They aren't very pleasant to read, according to my english teacher (former anyway).

Read the paper before you attempt to judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

It's not so much dubliners, it's SOUTHSIDERS.

As I say in my writing piece (which no one seems to have read yet)

I've met more sound people on the NS than on the SS.

SS tend to be vain, arrogant, morally bankrupt, and stupid little clones of each other...(ever been to the Dundrum Shopping Centre on a Saturday afternoon?) Clones upon clones of little "d4" groups...

sounds pretty accurate to me :p

Says it all really!!

Christ almight,when you have genuine worries you're going to crumble!!

The world owes you nothing,deal with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

I can't comment on wesley college because i've never attended the school but seeing as you've missed the simple concept behind uniform completely, i don't think i'll be holding your opinion very highly.

Your "paper" is lol, cya buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anto McC wrote:

Finally somebody hit the nail on the heard................Case closed!!!!!!!!

simu wrote:
    Yeah, went to school in US briefly. I think it varies greatly in different areas but I did find my American school was way less obsessed with pointless rules and control-freakery than Irish ones and they provided psychological support for people with problems rather than just branding them as troublemakers as I've seen happen here. The courses were waaaay easier, though, but of course, I loved that at the time!

The courses are as hard as you want to make them. IE I'm taking AP (college level) Chemistry and Biology next year.

Read up on applying for colleges, you need extracurricular things, comm. service, sports....awards...etc...

steviec wrote:
    Read your post and agree with a lot of what you say.

The problem is by no means unique to you or that one school though, it's the same everywhere. You've just got to make the most of it.

Yes and no,

No other school in Dublin wastes more time on assembly than WC...

Also, I'm not in a position to judge other schools given my expierience with only one...

No other school in Dublin wastes more time on assembly than WC...

Also, I'm not in a position to judge other schools given my expierience with only one...

umm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mordeth wrote:
    umm....

Damn, you beat me to it. :D

OP, go away, you're talking absoulte b0ll0cks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Anto McC wrote:
    Says it all really!!

Christ almight,when you have genuine worries you're going to crumble!!

duh? I know the world owes me nothing. I have to lend the world something first before I get anything back. There are no handouts. I'm 17 but I'm by no means stupid.

What I meant by the previous quote that you used anto is that those select people that did agree with me I found to be open minded, and smart. They still followed the rules etc...but protested where they could...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement