Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2 years come and gone

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I didn't do too hot on my final exam despite cramming 100+ hours since Feb.
    because you're a moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Please, stop replying unless the reply is relevant to the actual report and not bashing me. I'm not bashing back.

Everything i have said is relevant to the "report" ( by the way, why do you keep giving fancy titles to a blog entry....paper, report etc ). You claim your report is completely unbiased but it cannot be, as it has been written by you and will always be tempered by what you experienced.

An unbiased report would need to be written by you but with you having had no first hand experience and working off information gathered through interviews from other students etc.

This is an important distinction that you have been ignoring i fear.

Your report could never be unbiased, the very fact that you do not like Wesley and wrote a report to give the reasons why means that it is a certain level of bias that began the report to being with.

I feel sorry for you that as a great and logically mind you cannot even see this simply truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Orionetheus

you got under 1000 on you SAT!

that != smart

I wouldn't of if I was in Ireland.

Ireland teaches to the LC.

America teaches to the SAT.

Need I say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Here timay time for another locking of a thread!agree to disagree...... your all up your own you know what!!

Dragan wrote:
    Everything i have said is relevant to the "report" ( by the way, why do you keep giving fancy titles to a blog entry....paper, report etc ). You claim your report is completely unbiased but it cannot be, as it has been written by you and will always be tempered by what you experienced.

An unbiased report would need to be written by you but with you having had no first hand experience and working off information gathered through interviews from other students etc.

This is an important distinction that you have been ignoring i fear.

Your report could never be unbiased, the very fact that you do not like Wesley and wrote a report to give the reasons why means that it is a certain level of bias that began the report to being with.

I feel sorry for you that as a great and logically mind you cannot even see this simply truth.

What truth?

It is unbiased, not once does the report say "I think" or "I feel that" it dealt in Facts. There was one section with my own brief opinon. It was comparable (except for my grammatical errors) to something you'd see in a newspaper....

• Advertisement

I wouldn't of if I was in Ireland.

Ireland teaches to the LC.

America teaches to the SAT.

Need I say more?
    i got 1100 when i was 12/13

SAT is different now, it's not as easy.

Also, lets face fact, I'm crap at maths. :-)

because you're a moron

Go choke on a potato. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I'm used to having people tear my arguments apart, I do debate :-P I can only improve on it.

I don't doubt it for a second considering how flimsy the logic and facts you base your "arguments" on are
    While all of you have been ripping on me, I've gotten around a dozen people or so either mailing me telling me I'm right, PMing me or leaving me comments saying I'm right.

Strange how they're not doing so publicly isn't it?
    I am a smart kid, yes I've made mistakes we all have at some point, WC doesn't work for me, and I don't like the geographical socio economic divide in Dublin.

No one would give the slightest damn here about your social status or IQ, what people are being incited by is your complete lack of social grace, your attack on our culture/youth/education system, your blatant rudeness and, most of all, your arrogance for creating the blog and, worse yet, posting it on boards - a predominantly irish user group - and expecting to be... thanked for your "insight"?
    Please, stop replying unless the reply is relevant to the actual report and not bashing me. I'm not bashing back.

You're not bashing back out of a cordiality, morality or a sense of democracy - you simply cannot defend your point of view and supposed "logic". Even in the last 2 hours you've contradicted yourself on about 10 occassions.

(I know I said I wouldn't reply but I'm beggining to think that repitition is the only way it'll sink in)

d4gurl wrote:
    Here timay time for another locking of a thread!agree to disagree...... your all up your own you know what!!

Yes could we please lock this? I keep saying the same things over and over and so does everyone else.

Anyone wants to keep arguing add me to msn or email me, it's in the first post :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

It was comparable (except for my grammatical errors) to something you'd see in a newspaper....

Yeah, a tabloid newspaper. I admit, I only got around to reading your 'report' there, and my god does it smell of RANT.

Not as easy or you're not as smart as you claim.

The drop in grades was due to the fact that the american system is easier and you couldn;t deal with it

Go choke on a potato. Seriously.
    racism right there

racism right there

Finish your whiskey ;) and shut up ;)

racism right there

Keep it fact based and as civil as possible - there's no need to give him the moral upper ground

Not as easy or you're not as smart as you claim.

The drop in grades was due to the fact that the american system is easier and you couldn;t deal with it

I got marked down on a test for using the wrong type of pen.

that is not harder, it's more burecratic.

more racism

i doubt that

the wrong country, the wrong education system, the wrong maths class...
    THE WRONG PEN!!!!

Your excuses are getting pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

1210 at age 14 for me - HAH matthew, i'm 2 years smarter than you! hHAHAHAH.

also, OP, a wise man once said only those who know no better can suggest full, definite answers to problems.

Methinks you know no better.

Also, the SAT is designed (while slightly sociologically jilted) to be unbiased in anyway. its much more of a mental and verbal reasoning test (along the lines of the drumcondra tests and other such things here) than a test of what you've learned like the LC. so you really can't compare.

• Advertisement

i doubt that

I asked him and he said I have to use a fountain pen on a diagram...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

So wouldn't that mean that you're much stupider than Matthewthebig because he's irish and did better than you much younger? I mean, you had an age bonus, you had a school system based around the exam, you had more formal education. Either they made it a ridiculous amount harder, and I don't believe they did, or you're much stupider than MoJu here

And that's saying a lot, because he ain't the brightest pickle in the jar

&#231 wrote: »
    Also, the SAT is designed (while slightly sociologically jilted) to be unbiased in anyway. its much more of a mental and verbal reasoning test (along the lines of the drumcondra tests and other such things here) than a test of what you've learned like the LC. so you really can't compare.

Extremely true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

btw, if you're not going to follow a rule because it's 'illogical', good luck in life. :p

And not being given homework is no excuse. Pick up a book and do some yourself, show initiative.

A trait of real intelligence is learning to adapt. Obviously you are missing that one.

hey hey hey. I am a smart pickle

çrash_000 STFU

jimi_t wrote:
    the wrong country, the wrong education system, the wrong maths class...
    THE WRONG PEN!!!!

Your excuses are getting pathetic.

Don't you find it slightly rediculous that I get marked down for using the wrong kind of pen yet displaying the same information?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement