Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There is something lacking in the person who wants to be in BB

Options
  • 19-06-2006 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Seriously they all hav some craszy issues with themselves ?

Why do they want to be in BB? Why do the want to have everyone in Britain and Ireland see them as they are on telly ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

rsta wrote:
    Seriously they all hav some craszy issues with themselves ?

Why do they want to be in BB? Why do the want to have everyone in Britain and Ireland see them as they are on telly ?

One word: money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yep...money and fame.

They see people who have "made it" (and I use the term loosely) off the back of Big Brother and they figure they can get it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Simple as that.

And then there are the housemates who complain about what people are gonna think of them. Or they complain that they don't want the fame (eg George)...it's really stupid, me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

In fairness to George he left when he realised this probably isn't a good idea. It might sound funny but I have respect for the guy.

Its the ones that bitch and moan but stick around doing it, and then get really pissed when they don't win and are evicted even though they complain they want to leave (Grace springs to mind) that are the silly ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

my brother tried out two years in a row and got down to the back up goup of ppl both times and i have to admit he is nuts!!!he went to the audition in a leather cowboy suit wit no arse!!!and one of the years he was vice pres of dundalk student union so EVERYONE knew him aswell!!!he's applied for survivor now!!!he jus loves attention and probly wants the money too!!!but u defo have to be REALLY crazy!!!!u cant be normal for dat kinda thing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can be perfectly normal, indeed boring (just look at some of the previous housemates). The last few years though, post BB4, the producers haven't really picked "normal" people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

In the last few years, its just been a stepping stone for their career and 15 mins of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

it ink dis year they were all picked from an agency and dat the audtions were jus for show!!!because dey were all moderatley famous beforehand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

I'd love to go on it, for the LAUGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Think it's for people with no apparent talent, with no brains to speak of, who are massively fame-hungry and seek attention.

Can you think of anyone aside from perhaps Brian Dowling who is talented enough to sustain their success when their 15 minutes is up? :confused: I can't tbh. OK, Jade Goody has done well and obviously got good financial advice along the way but I can't think of any obvious talent that she posesses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Out of all the past 6 BB shows, only a handful have made it 'big', such as Brian Dowling, Anna Nolan, Kate Lawlor, Jade Goody and Nadia.

Anyone of the others just get BBLB for the week and a couple of interviews.

And the ones that walk dont get anything much at all!

Ah well good luck to them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

rsta wrote:
    Out of all the past 6 BB shows, only a handful have made it 'big', such as Brian Dowling, Anna Nolan, Kate Lawlor, Jade Goody and Nadia.

Anyone of the others just get BBLB for the week and a couple of interviews.

And the ones that walk dont get anything much at all!

Ah well good luck to them all!

Nadia???????????? LOL I haven't seen her since she won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Nadia has had her own column in one of those english mags for ages now, and she writes a column about this years BB too. Plus she was on some late night show on ITV there a few weeks back, can't remember which one. I don't think she's done too badly at all.

Hey did you know she's died her hair blonde now? doesnt suit her at all :o

Advertisement