Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still amazed by USB dongle key things

Options
  • 19-06-2006 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

My mate came up this evening. He wanted to grab a few things off me and had a little tiny USB key with him, about the size of my baby finger.

"Thats cute", I said, "how much can it hold, five twelve?" I asked
    "2 gigs" he said.
    ":eek: " I said.

It cost him only 99 quid and it holds 2 gigs. He told me there was a 4 gig one for 150 quid.

Im still blown away by usb keys. They rock my geeky little world. Perhaps I need to get out more. Does anyone else think they rule?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

they are brilliant allright, i got a 4gig one myself for a lot less then €150, delivered to my door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

bloody nora. how much? from who...m?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah they rock :)

although i would never use 4gigs. i just use them for word/ excel files, maybe the odd bit of software a friend/relative wants.

ive a usb swiss knife with 128mb, does the job grand for me :D handy little yolk to have on my keys as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i got one for a fiver...god bless hong knog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They are excellent devices, so useful when running around trying to fix computers. Put your fav apps on there and off you go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have a 1 gig, from 7 day shop, it cost £19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Lump wrote:
    I have a 1 gig, from 7 day shop, it cost £19

:eek: I take it thats a shop on the net. How much roughly would it cost in euro? I am thinking of getting one. How long did it take to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I'm in England.

lump- thanks for the heads up on http://www.7dayshop.com - nice site. ill be pickin up something there meself.

• Advertisement

No worries :) Be warned it might take a few days delivery to Ireland, it took 2 for me from the time I ordered till it arrived, but I'm in London, AFAIK the stuff comes from the channel Islands, like play.com stuff

Lads I see a nice little one on ebay for about €25 including delivery. It says that it is brand new. Its 1gb. Would there be any problems buying it off ebay?

That's the one I got... It works and is smaller then I thought ;)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ruu wrote:
    They are excellent devices, so useful when running around trying to fix computers. Put your fav apps on there and off you go. :)

Definitely - I remember having to run around with an Iomega Zip drive instead, the discs for them were massive, plus you had to install drivers for it on every PC you used it on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 elvis hicks

Yeah.

I love my usb thing. so handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Im looking for a 4GIG memory key has anyone gone that big. Any recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have the 2g one the have 4g ones too : http://www.shop4memory.com/products/usb-drive-jetflash-110.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

excellent, good price also, nice find. ;)

Looking forward to solid state hard drives. Yummy.

I wonder will I ever be able to get a SATA sold state harddrive that will work in my macbook. That would be kool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I have a 128MB one, got off komplett last year, cost me about €30 at the time..... gotta love buying into new technology so early :D

• Advertisement

I got one off ebay, brand new for under €22. 1GB, it is going to take at most two weeks to get it delivered. Worth the wait I hope:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I bought a 2GB (Samsung) one off 7day shop recently - took two weeks to arrive (!) but it was worth it - only £30 + shipping! Looks very slick, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I got a 1gb one a while back and i actually find it too small...its only slightly bigger than an SD card...impresses people with how much space it has tho

Advertisement