Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slander you say??

Options
  • 19-06-2006 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the lack of updatery, folks. It's just I've been waging my own private war with the cretins of boards.ie. Yes, yes: I ought to ignore the ill-thought-out ramblings of nerds holed up in their mam's darkened front rooms. I ought to be the better man, turn the other cheek, get a life. I am the one with the job, after all. But here we go

www.rayfoley.net

We've all been insulted and apparently we're all unemployed too!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ray, you have no idea what you are talking about, please review your remarks in future lest you make yourself look like more of a fool. "ill-thought-out ramblings" indeed. A statement which reflects your own wall of words!

We don't allow people to advertise here but we do allow freedom of speech (on a level that isn't biased, but the voice of the common man if you will) which by it's very nature will reflect the general consensus of our little corner of the internet which we have painstakingly carved out.

If people are saying you are rubbish, it's probably because a lot of people believe you are and not some smear campaign. If you were banned for spamming (ie making multiple posts on the same subject, or advertising your product/service) then you will be banned. I believe that a Today FM radio show would fall under this clause. Making multiple, unrelated but on-topic posts without business or self promotion motives does not constitute spamming, so therefore, a user with 7000 posts isn't spamming, they are using the free service provided to them and aren't abusing it like you were for commerical/personal gain. You seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Please take the time to read the charters of each forum/sub forum to get a better understanding of how things are run here! You surely wouldn't play music on your prestigious radioshow without first randomly throwing darts at whatever playlist your were allowed use that month! The same applies here! Preparation is key to success!

Your childish little "attacks" (I use inverted commas to signify that the word, or phrase, doesn't actually have the connotations it infers) just make you seem uninformed and bitter. Making sweeping statements about people who use the internet? A result of your rapier wit no doubt! Yet you fail to see the irony of having your own website which by the same standards would be "nerdy" or "geeky" or whatever word you think may undermine people who use this site (a social site I might add, people meet here to chat and extend friendships into the real world). Being a "famous" DJ might have elevated yourself in your own mind to something more than you are (a mere man! who bleeds, hurts and cries), but a word to the wise, making general statements about persons isn't a sound method of garnering positive attention, the kind of attention you so sorely need!

I assure you there is no war. We accept all comers here and the general population of boards will make their own judgements, moderators use tried and tested methods to keep the forums in check due to the years of combined experience and other tools at our disposal. If you want to wage a "war" then so be it. I welcome the hilarity that will ensue!

Good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I take comfort in the fact that I probably earn quite a bit more than him. Then, I'm the shallow type. Who feels a need to be superior to those who write nasty things about me online. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

What you say? Who's Ray Foley? Is he the son of my principal? I would like to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Never even heard of this guy till I read this, but from what I understand from his board, someone tried promoting his show and he saw it as an opportunity to pimp it too? Thought that wasn't allowed anyway.

He does seem a tad bitter tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I have no idea who he is, but then again, I listen to good music and radio shows with interesting people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's a rockin hedgehog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ray Foley? Never had of the chap tbh but Im well up for a good ol war. It has been a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

A round of applause for Giblet if you would all be so kind? Marvellously put my good man.

And add me to the 'who the fcuk is Ray?' list. He certainly thinks a bit too much of himself in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Giblet wrote:
    making general statements about persons isn't a sound method of garnering positive attention,
    Pretty f*cking specific statements if you ask me.

To set the record straight I studied broadcast journalism for 3 years, but I certainly have no desire to be a self absorbed egotist of a DJ. I currently work running a radio station that I helped to set up almost 15 years ago, while Mr. Foley was still in school no doubt.

Also, at no point have I ever stated that I hated his show... in fact I think I was being quite generous in my comments about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Christ! The irony of it all lol.

I would also like to remark "Ray who?"

• Advertisement

A simple straw poll in my office on Friday morning initiated similair responses of 'Who the f*ck is Ray Foley'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Rofl

Poor, poor Ray.
    ray foley wrote:
    As it turns out, you need to be as thick as two short planks to work for them.

Is there some gene in these "fight teh powa" tards that makes them automatically assume the mods work for the site?

God love the poor bugger.

Where is the original thread that hurt ickle Ray's feelings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

And Ray is???? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok never heard of him(I may be more famous/infamous), read his blog, sheer balderdash!
    Banned for spamming, because he was spamming.

Well I'm different... feel free to call me a gob****e and an idiot all you want...

But I don't like people making up lies about me.

The original thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054948319

Where is the original thread that hurt ickle Ray's feelings?
    Wondering the same thing myself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Never heard of him. Which may be the point? He's an unknown two-bit muppet of a DJ and this is one sure way of getting free publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Macros42 wrote:
    Never heard of him. Which may be the point? He's an unknown two-bit muppet of a DJ and this is one sure way of getting free publicity.

And of getting a solicitor's letter through the door...

Well from what I've heard it's a fairly generic type of programme. Really not the type of thing that I'd like, but it seems well enough put together so if you like this type of thing, it's probably a good example of it.

You hard bastard! :D

• Advertisement

Well I must say Gavin, having read his blog first I was expecting to find some edited posts on your part in that thread, but to my surprise he really is just a true w*nker (imo) and completely convoluted the series of events and made you out to have been a lot less diplomatic about the whole thing!

Many people dislike the show and I don't want any Blast fans getting needlessly aggressive if they should choose to criticise the programme.
    Interesting situation.

Ray Foley isn't just a presenter on the radio, he's also a member of boards.ie and as such I'd like to ask people to cut out the personal abuse.
    ray foley wrote:
    it was that HE - the MODERATOR - was the one who started it. So I (again, privately) got back to him and told him he wasn't doing a very good job keeping things civilised, as the thread got more and more pathetic.

Yea.....we're the ones that are thick as two short planks...:rolleyes:

Take him down monkeyfudge :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Please please, call him Gavinfudge. I read that expecting him to be harsh...convoluted account is a good way of putting it.

The only edit I did was when someone called them 'gobsh*tes' and I changed it to 'guys'

Gavinfudge.
    Please god don't let that catch on.. the monkey is the most important bit!

Please please, call him Gavinfudge.

Rofl yea....waaaay funnier. Such a scathing wit that man possesses!
    *swoon*

Reeks of victim complex. I love the whole "Hey I'm used to it.." You can just see him rubbing his nipples while he thinks about how jealous everyone is of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ooh Ooh Celebrity Fight the Powah

*Gets popcorn*

Well seeing as comments are disabled there - there's an email address on the right hand side of the page ........ ;)

Rofl yea....waaaay funnier. Such a scathing wit that man possesses!
    *swoon*

Reeks of victim complex. I love the whole "Hey I'm used to it.." You can just see him rubbing his nipples while he thinks about how jealous everyone is of him.
    You mean everyone who has no idea who he is?? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

bebo in the links section tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement