Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slander you say??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Macros42 wrote:
    Well seeing as comments are disabled there - there's an email address on the right hand side of the page ........ ;)
    Yeah I noticed the lack of comments too, even though he complained about him not being able to put his word across here, why doesn't the b1tch let us comment on the tripe he calls truth?? Hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You mean everyone who has no idea who he is?? :p

Hehe, ignorance really is bliss. Nipple rubbing, mirror gazing bliss.

Hehe, ignorance really is bliss. Nipple rubbing, mirror gazing bliss.
    rofl :D

He looks awfully young in the picture on his blog, what age is he??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah I noticed the lack of comments too, even though he complained about him not being able to put his word across here, why doesn't the b1tch let us comment on the tripe he calls truth?? Hypocrite.
    Some of the other mods will back me up on this.. .but I actually argued against a bitching tread against him being created as he no longer had the right to reply...

I've changed my mind now of course.

Bitching ftw!

• Advertisement

Let slip the dogs of war...

ahahahahahahaha

funny sh1t....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I believe its, "Cry Havoc and Let slip the dogs of war" :D

Comments disabled or not....the boardsies will always find a way to voice their opinion it seems

http://www.bebo.com/WhiteBoardThread.jsp?WhiteBoardTopicId=1132483180

edit: should be ok now....

edit2: just for the record....that wasn't me. Tis funny though.

Man I need sleep.
    Apologies for any comments I may have made that could make the situation worse. (Although I doubt it as the whole thing is ridiculous)

Last week it was 98fm, this week Today FM... I wonder what station will grind my gears next week...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You linked to a generic whitebard, it shows the last persons account you looked at.

You linked to a generic whitebard, it shows the last persons account you looked at.
    It showed up as my white board for me.... gah... now people know I have a bebo page...

Oopsie...cheers Tar.

Think it's fixed now.

I look forward to Ray's next installment on that gripping blog.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

@monkeyfudge
    I was wondering why she linked to the whiteboard of a hot seventeen year old at first.>_>

I was wondering why she linked to the whiteboard of a hot seventeen year old at first.>_>
    Yep... that would be me of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

There isn't to much I can add to this, it's pretty obvious from reading his blog that this Ray Foley (I've never heard of him before either btw) has the same arrogant personality of a small time DJ* who has let his "fame" get to his head.

* Not all 'small time' DJ's are like that, of course. They ones that are though, we all know how annoying they can be.

As for his entry on June 5th:
    "I Wish...
    ...I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair." Weren't hippies the ones with flowers in their hair? Weren't punks bald? Or spikey? Or Mohican?
    I believe he has completely missed the point there......
    +200 rep points for using this phrase alone.

(I'm giving out rep points now apparently.....w00t.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

I like how Ray's been 'waging a war' here. It's been so effective most of the posters on boards.ie didn't notice. Ray for Head of Espionage!

What I would hate to see however, is a bunch of boardsie posters lowering themselves to his slanderous level by levying personal abuse at him here, on the bebo whiteboard or anywhere else.

If the administration team of boards.ie take umbridge at Foley's ignorant comments there are a number of avenues they could pursue, if they felt like it (and if - honestly - they could be bothered).

A war of insults, however, runs the risk of someone, acting allegedly on behalf of boards.ie, overstepping the line from vulgar abuse into defamation.

All in all, just ignore his foolishness and the mods will keep deleting any shameless self-promotion of his show, in accordance with the charters of each forum.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Very true. He's promoting boards.ie and I'm sure there'll be a few from here tuning in tomorrow night to see if he mentions the site again. Everybody wins in a way.

You're right though. We shouldn't lower ourselves to it. It was just so easy :p

Anything I have said in this thread is my own personal opinion garnered from his blog, the previous thread and from the instances where I have listened to his show. (My sister is a fan)

Apologies....it's late and I'm tired. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Someone probably already mentioned it. But Ray was banned for inciting spamming and attacking other posters on boards.

"waging my own private war" rofl.. No one even knows wtf you were going on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Who the f*ck is Ray Foley?

• Advertisement

Ha. Who the f*ck is Ray Foley? Don't ask a friend, ask everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you want to complain about being called a tosser (seeing as he lumped everyone on boards into the same boat)...

gsnowdon@todayfm.com

Nice. Vulgar abuse against - what's it now, 60,000 members? - fine piece of work that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I used to like that clown!

Oh yes... by the way if you look futher back on his blog there you'll see an entry where he attacks one of the posters here who had the audacity to criticise his programme.

http://triedeverynamebutnoneareavailable.blogspot.com/2006/02/thufeb16-little-bitching.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cool, so if I abuse him I get mentioned in his Blog....get a life Ray you ****ing tit!!!!!!!!!!

And like everyone else, who are you anyway, I mean, nobody has ever heard of you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Bah. I would have banned him in March when the hissy-fit Spamfest he incited was only I didn't know he had an account.

Some people don't know how to behave in a social situation. These people get shown the door around here, end of story.

Poor little guy, what happens if he becomes successful and has to deal with criticism in newspapers and such? (It's worth noticing that while most of the criticism has been innane name-calling and drivel it was a relatively well-written review that triggered his muppetry).

Well I'm sure his management will be delighted with all the complaints from 60k people!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭dahooligan

I haven't read the entire thread, and perhaps I should have before commenting, so I apologise if some of what I am about to say has been covered already.
    However, from what I have read this thread, and the previous threads, have been, imo, some what abusive regarding Ray Foley.
    He has been referred to, amongst other things, as a two-bit DJ, and a nobody.
    Now I am not about to launch a 'defend Ray Foley' crusade, but a 'two-bit DJ' and a 'nobody' he is not.
    He is one of the most popular DJ's on one of our national broadcaster stations. He has a huge teen fan base and he is very good at his job.
    I realise that his style, and show, may not appeal to a lot of the boards users, and thats fair enough.
    I actually believe that if you do not like the show, or the DJ presenting style, that it is absolutely fair enough to say so on a forum site such as this one, however, I do not approve of personal attacks on an individual, be they in the public eye or otherwise, and I do feel that some of the comments made where exactly that, personal attacks.

*EDIT - Aplogies for all spelling mistakes, I am very tired!

• Advertisement

dahooligan wrote:
    I do not approve of personal attacks on an individual, be they in the public eye or otherwise, and I do feel that some of the comments made where axactly that, personal attacks.

Listen man, read the whole thread, you've kind of got the wrong end of the stick here. He called all boards.ie users tossers!!!! So this is our response to him, and I'll be emailing into the station with a complaint myself, I hope every single other boards member does so too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement