Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slander you say??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A perfect face for radio.

foleypsd8vd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sjones wrote:
    On a side note, it would not surprise me if all of this stems from SS. SS is good mates with Nikki Hayes and went on holidays to Lanzorotie (sp?) with her, and she in turn is best mates with Ray Foley. The mind boggles!
    Ooooh... the thick plottens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

297919462a299438609b810461459ml.jpg

We're sooooooo wacky! We crazy! just look at how zany we are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What is the guy behind him doing?? Looks like he's trying to.....:eek: ......and what's with the :eek: on Gay's face???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ooooh... the thick plottens...

Well, she did just stick up for him on one of the whiteboard drawings on his bebo. WE HAVE WINNER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
    SS wrote:
    HeY tHeRe!

Putting pics from the weekend on bebo right now, so take what ye want!

Audge x x x

And in reply to a whiteboard drawing which said "Who are you?":
    SS wrote:
    Grow up! Have you nothing better to do with your time? Slagging people off on the net is not big and its not clever!
    You actually set up a bebo account just so you could post that ridiculous whiteboard.
    How very very sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

:D Suspicious activity all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

sjones wrote:
    Well, she did just stick up for him on one of the whiteboard drawings on his bebo. WE HAVE WINNER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Yeah what a tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Gordon wrote:
    A perfect face for radio.

foleypsd8vd.jpg

Who needs to alter anything when there's this:

1071230.jpg

Ray, you've picked the wrong people to go to war against...

I suggest we contact him during his show and request The Who - Who are you? That's what I'll be doing tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Eh, I am not here to defend anyone, or anything like that, but how the hell would SS have anything to do with anything that was posted about Ray Foley? Of course she knows him, she works in the industry, and of course she defended him on bebo, why wouldn't she? But how in the name of God could she have anything to do with a thread about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It seems Amp got to him first.

297919462a299438609b8104614.jpg

"That man battered poor Ray"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Give us a kiss luv xxx

foley2jpg9wi.jpg

connundrum wrote:
    Eh, I am not here to defend anyone, or anything like that, but how the hell would SS have anything to do with anything that was posted about Ray Foley? Of course she knows him, she works in the industry, and of course she defended him on bebo, why wouldn't she? But how in the name of God could she have anything to do with a thread about him?

You've missed the point completely. Re-read my posts again. You'll see that what I'm saying is, it's possible SS is behind Ray's antics towards boards.ie.

sjones wrote:
    You've missed the point completely. Re-read my posts again. You'll see that what I'm saying is, it's possible SS is behind Ray's antics towards boards.ie.

Alright, Well I guess I can see where you might get that from but its not the case, honestly.
    I know SS was banned but she doesn't have a huge grudge against this site, she is still friends with a lot of the users (as much as you can be friends with someone you have never actually met).
    She knows Ray professionaly, but certainly not well enough to influence his opinion of boards.ie.
    Honestly, take my word for it if you will, this had zero to do with SS.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

sjones wrote:
    And in reply to a whiteboard drawing which said "Who are you?":
    SS wrote:
    Grow up! Have you nothing better to do with your time? Slagging people off on the net is not big and its not clever!
    You actually set up a bebo account just so you could post that ridiculous whiteboard.
    How very very sad!
    And the next reply to that.
    Joey Joe Joe McShabadoo said... 26 minutes ago

Shut it Audrey you stupid pig ugly trout!!!!

delly wrote:
    And the next reply to that.
    You see, this is where it gets silly.
    She gets called names by total strangers for defending someone she knows.
    I just don't think thats right.
    I mean, obviously, I am going to be slightly biased, but surely that was not entirely necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads this is getting stupid. I would suggest that this thread is closed now as it is degenerating into the tripe that everyone was getting up in arms over in the first place. Also as I cannot see Bebo from behind the firewall in here I cannot see what is being posted on his page but again I suggest that all here refrain from posting something that they might regret.

Starve him of the attention he obviously craves.

connundrum wrote:
    You see, this is where it gets silly.
    She gets called names by total strangers for defending someone she knows.
    I just don't think thats right.
    I mean, obviously, I am going to be slightly biased, but surely that was not entirely necessary.

Well yeah, that reply to her was retarded. But infairness, Ray did slag all of us off, some 68K strangers. So you can expect someone to be annoyed at whoever tries to stick up for Ray, when they don't know why the whiteboard posting was made in the first place.
    gandalf wrote:
    Also as I cannot see Bebo from behind the firewall in here I cannot see what is being posted on his page but again I suggest that all here refrain from posting something that they might regret.

I agree. Posting anything on his bebo is pointless. He's just going to delete all of the comments when he comes online, block the users, and post another rant in his blog about boards.

OMG.jpg

I thought I heard a rumour that Garry Glitter likes kids.

gandalf wrote:
    Lads this is getting stupid. I would suggest that this thread is closed now as it is degenerating into the tripe that everyone was getting up in arms over in the first place. Also as I cannot see Bebo from behind the firewall in here I cannot see what is being posted on his page but again I suggest that all here refrain from posting something that they might regret.

Seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It doesn't seem like Ray's muppetry was originally intended as an attack (or even as muppetry, he's the stupid kind of muppet rather than the malicious type) so I don't think there's any SS link.

The bebo whiteboarding seems silly to me. I can understand why people are doing it, but you aren't even being particularly funny, and why lower yourselves to his level (don't argue with idiots, they drag you to their level and beat you with experience).

He was a muppet, he got banned, it's sorted. ****, if polki or bubbles had a radio show would we be bothering with that?

• Advertisement

The Polmki and Bubbles Show?

Now I'd love to tune in for that.

Thread lock this time Talli?

sjones wrote:
    Well yeah, that reply to her was retarded. But infairness, Ray did slag all of us off, some 68K strangers. So you can expect someone to be annoyed at whoever tries to stick up for Ray, when they don't know why the whiteboard posting was made in the first place.

I take your point, and I have said it to her, and she can see where your coming from.
    I wasn't having a go, I just feel the need to hop in and clear things up whenever SS is mention cause she can't do it herself, and generally, whatever is posted tends to be more then a little fabricated. I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

With regard to the Ray Foley V Boards debate, I aint even gonna go there ;):D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There's no such thing as bad publicity.
    If the administration team of boards.ie take umbridge at Foley's ignorant comments there are a number of avenues they could pursue, if they felt like it (and if - honestly - they could be bothered).

I, like most others here it seems, have never heard of this guy before either but I imagine he does like any attention he gets from this. He got banned and posted on his blog about it. A rather clumsy and unimaginative post at that but that's what blogs are for so what's the big deal?
    All in all, just ignore his foolishness and the mods will keep deleting any shameless self-promotion of his show, in accordance with the charters of each forum.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

So some late night DJ who appears to appeal to a puerile audience and make farty noises came on to an Internet forum, acted the tool and got banned, then posted about it in a really whiny and personal manner on his blog like so many other banned people probably do when the whole world's out to persecute them just for acting like a prepubescent kid.

Who cares, tomorrow's Tuesday.

Monday, June 19, 2006
    MonJune19 Very Board Now...
    Well, boards has whipped itself up into a frenzy over my reply to them.

What have they said?

Well, they've slagged my hair. They've asked who the hell I am (which is fair enough).

They've said they'll beat me up.

And my favourite: they say I'm gay.

Brilliant!

I did expect better, but there you go. I notice that most of the people in this tizzy are moderators, the ones I have most of an issue with.

If you're a regular user of boards who thinks I criticised you, then think again. I think boards is a brilliant website, which I hugely enjoy reading myself. But there are always a few who'll spoil the experience, and those few are the ones I hoped to address in my last post. It seems I managed that.

Stick a fork in me: I'm done. You'll hear no more from me on this subject.

Okay, I'm off to buy some makeup.

Ray

I think we lock the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He's clearly never seen a frenzy on boards.ie. There are only three pages in this thread for God's sake.

He has one lovely little line in common with every other 'tard who's ever been bored, "I notice that most of the people in this tizzy are moderators, the ones I have most of an issue with". Good work Ray, you completely don't have a clue what's going on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In this case I agree with Mr. Foley! His post was pretty bad, but a few of the posts on here weren't exactly sparkling examples of wit and cutting jibery. I also expect better!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'd thought he try at least quote me, sure that's why I made the effort :(

I JUST WANT TO BE FAMOUSE REPOIIRTER MANN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

ecksor wrote:
    In this case I agree with Mr. Foley! His post was pretty bad, but a few of the posts on here weren't exactly sparkling examples of wit and cutting jibery. I also expect better!

Yes, but we're not paid to entertain. He is.

For the record Ray, nobody called you gay and nobody threatened to beat you up. Stop lying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement