Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics review

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

you did have to do didnt you??
    to get the time for 1 oscillation??

please tell me you did.

im prettt sure, but sure, im just a girl, so dont trust me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sariane

yeah i read the kind of introduction thingy at the top of the first question after and it said the time t for 25 osicalltions was recorded.... i managed a straight line graph though aswell

yeah but the X axis will still be proportioned, forming a straight line through the origin, whethere or not you divided them all by 25..

yeah but the X axis will still be proportioned, forming a straight line through the origin, whethere or not you divided them all by 25..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I thought it was pretty good. The experiments were reasonable. Overall a grand paper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

You have to divide by twenty five indeed. I did not divide the given angle by two but when I was looking at it I thought that's what they meant. Then just assumed they couldn't and said sin41.5. oh well! I loose about 5 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

You have to divide by 25.
    Then you plot either t and root(l) or t(squared) and l
    You had to divide the angle by 2
    you got 2(lambda)=dsin20.3
    For d you had to invert it[1/300] and multiply it by ten to the power of -3(to get the distance between the slits in meters

I said the string was inextinsible because you want it to oscillate in one plane only; or something to that effect

Go to maddox.xmission.com to forget about that exam. Read the one at the end about childrens artwork

NADA wrote:
    I did not divide the given angle by two but when I was looking at it I thought that's what they meant. Then just assumed they couldn't and said sin41.5. oh well! I loose about 5 marks.

F!uck.

gah.

stOOpid me, i never divided the angle either.

bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

in q6, What were the forces acting on the ball?

in q8, the isotope of helium is 3/2HE right?

in q12a,the pressur at the bottom of the lake is three times 1.01x10^5?

and finally, Q12d, how do you calculate the energy of the electron when it passes thru 50Kv?

i think i did ok, but i dont want to hedge my bets.

Rockerette wrote:

please tell me you did.

ye you had to divide by 25 for one oscillation and then square t

i ****ed up in the Q1 cos i thought it was the formula g=2s/t squared, so i squared t and doubled s. shoit

• Advertisement

Rockerette wrote:

please tell me you did.

i ****ed up in the Q1 cos i thought it was the formula g=2s/t squared, so i squared t and doubled s. shoit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

The Agogo wrote:

thats what i did too!
    do you not have to do it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I thought it was relatively okay until I realised how I ****ed up the question about the lenses. That was forty marks gone right there.

Rawr. I was looking for a B2, not sure if I'll make it now.

Bonus for Gaeilge, I summon thee to my aid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

"STFU agus Léim sios tubair" arsa an Bonus
    "Bollocks." arsa Kovik. "Táim fucked anois"

;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I said that pions are produced because the photons experience pair production forming quarks and their antiquarks. As mesons, pions are made of a quark and an antiquark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

what a ****in paper...im over the moon...i did every question except for 9 and 11,the electricity ones...so much easier than i expected it to be

Advertisement