Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outift opinion

• 19-06-2006 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

A dress that goes to the knee, worn over 3/4 length jeans with leggings underneath.

Ill try get a picture!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

hmmm....i dunno about the leggings underneath...its alot of layers..is just for everyday wear or for something in particular? I've never seen anyone wearing that kind of outfit anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Femmy wrote:
    hmmm....i dunno about the leggings underneath...its alot of layers..is just for everyday wear or for something in particular? I've never seen anyone wearing that kind of outfit anyway.

I was gonna wear it to the pub, Im not sure about the leggings either. But it doesnt look too bad on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I hate dresses over jeans tbh..and I'm not that fond of leggings either. So it sounds awful to me..but if you like it then wear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

If you think it looks good, and it's comfortable and you feel good in it, wear it. There's no point changing an outfit that you feel confident in just to look like other people tell you too. Personally, it wouldn't suit me, but if you think it looks good, go ahead.

fabcat wrote:
    If you think it looks good, and it's comfortable and you feel good in it, wear it. There's no point changing an outfit that you feel confident in just to look like other people tell you too. Personally, it wouldn't suit me, but if you think it looks good, go ahead.

Thanx!!

Think Ill wear it, Hes what it might look like!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wouldn't you be awful warm in all that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I think it looks ghastly. All very well being experimental with your look but that just looks contrived and as if you're trying too hard while getting it horribly wrong.:(

Still wouldn't suit me, but I have to say, thats pretty cool! Kudo's for mixing it together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

That's horrific. What's with all the girls wearing leggings under shorts and 3/4 lengths? It looks shockingly bad. It's summer so it's warm. Also leggings were a very short lived fad that was over 6 months ago. It didn't look good then, still doesn't look good now. Another case of people following even the most ridiculous of fashions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

If you think it looks good, wear it :cool: , why do you all feel you need the approval of others before you wear something, its silly.

• Advertisement

I dont need peoples approval, I just like opinions!! Im gonna wear it anyway no matter what people think!

I dont need peoples approval, I just like opinions!! Im gonna wear it anyway no matter what people think!

Good on you :D

fabcat wrote:
    Good on you :D

Thank you!!

I like mixing things together, and I like to see what people think, but I always end ip wearing them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

My personal opinion would to go with either the leggings OR the jeans and not both together. I quite like 3/4 length dresses/tops over either but they just seem a bit much over both together. But as long as your happy and confident and comfortable thats what matters.

ETA: your picture reminds me of Fashion Wheel :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I think you should have worn either the leggings or the jeans, both together is just too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

All those horizintal lines where one layer starts and the other ends mightl make your legs look kind of stumpy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

i wouldnt wear both cos it look like your trying to hard then theres too much goin on - just go for one or the other- the jeans maybe? to be perfectly honest id prob just wear the dress by itself but to each his own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

That link won't work for me but I'd strongly advise you to make that decsion yourself. If you like it, wear it. That's about it really is that not a sign of insecurity asking other people to tell you what to wear. Now I know anyone that's in a shop with their friend does this look okay ect. But it gets to point where you need to sit back and say to yourself ''I think this is gorgeous, so I'm going to wear this today''. Also I find internet forums can be very honest compared to real life but most of the time the posters are being too critical so they'll look cool or whatever. The people who say ''oh that was so six months ago'' piss me off especially guys...really need to get a life :p
    I think leggings under dresses look great on very skinny girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

That picture looks crap as it just mixed images. Why not take a picture of your outfit and post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Either jeans or leggings. If that outfit was a rollercoaster, you'd have to be at least 5'9 to ride it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Just seen the pic of it now and that really is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

I agree - either leggings or jeans but not both. Actually, I hate leggings so would stick with the jeans - I do like the whole mini-dress over jeans look

Advertisement