Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Maths P2 Q1(a)

• 19-06-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys, ive been tryin2make this question work out. But i continue to get stuck on the same place.(a) a(-1,-3)and b(3,1)are the end points of a diameter of a circle. Write down the equation of the circle.

-What i did was I calculated the midpoint of the two points and got (1,-1)
    -Then calculated the distance from this point ot one of the end points...but i keep get'n the square root of 8 for my radius..
    -this just wont work for solving the equation of te circle.

please any1....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

thats right. radius is root8

answer is (x-1)/\2 + (y+1)/\2 = 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 davidgreen

i checked the answer on leaving cert ie and they got the equation of the circle to be (x-1)squared + (y+1)squared = 32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ya well i gor =8 anyway. must be right coz i dont see any other way of doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 davidgreen

ya i cant see any other way to be honest...we must be right
    thnks

Advertisement