Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How'd it go?

• 19-06-2006 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

How'd everybody's weekend round go lads? I hit it great all day yesterday - knocked down my first drive but hammered a cracker onto the green with my second for a nice opening par! It was all pretty good after that - bad start to the back 9 aside (OB on the 10th :( )

All in all, pleased with how I hit it and even rolled in the odd putt for once! My long putting is still causing occasional problesm though, had a coupla three-putts yesterday... Also had a birdie though! :) Happy Days = don't get many of em!

Anyone have any advice on working on my long-putting? I can't seem to get any concept of distance. I leave em long, short, you name it... Degreened one last Thursday now that i think of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

shot 86 on sat with a hangover. 68 net with handicap. best shooting ive done in bout 3 months.

65 net won the comp but i was happy with my performance. getting a bit of consistency back in my game thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

GreenHorn wrote:
    How'd everybody's weekend round go lads? I hit it great all day yesterday - knocked down my first drive but hammered a cracker onto the green with my second for a nice opening par! It was all pretty good after that - bad start to the back 9 aside (OB on the 10th :( )

All in all, pleased with how I hit it and even rolled in the odd putt for once! My long putting is still causing occasional problesm though, had a coupla three-putts yesterday... Also had a birdie though! :) Happy Days = don't get many of em!

Anyone have any advice on working on my long-putting? I can't seem to get any concept of distance. I leave em long, short, you name it... Degreened one last Thursday now that i think of it.

Use tees and place them different distances apart in front of you...take your puttign stance and putt(not to any hole, just across the green)...note how long a swing it takes to go certain distances...example:

Tee to Tee is 3 feet apart.....ball travels 12 feet
    Tee to tee is 1 foot apart....ball travels 6 feet

Remember to use same putting stroke each time.

Do this for uphill and down hill too.

This will give you a sense of what it takes to hit it different distances and then the next time you step up to the putt ayou can just say "I have a 12 footer here, that means I take my club back 1 foot and follow thru 1 foot" or whatever you measured.

GL

Advertisement